Letter Of Clean Conduct, Question For Sunbelt

In the Bangkok Post letters section yesterday, there was a letter from a guy who had difficulty in getting a Non-B from a Thai consulate in the region. He had the WP3 and relevant paperwork, but was told he needed a letter of clean conduct from the Royal Thai Police to say that he isn't a terrorist or a paedophille. He stated this was a new law/policy that came into effect last wednesday. Can Sunbelt or anyone shed some light on this ?

I am Due to go to Singapore early January to get a Non-B, with all correct paperwork and the WP3 and don't want to be in the same position. Cheers

It's safe to say that this entire report is highly doubtful. Nobody has heard of such a requirement, among foreigners who teach in Thailand. It's been discussed among them, but not issued as a mandate by the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Labour, Education, or Interior. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I figured that to be safe, I had employer (very well known company in Bangkok, so helps) state who I am, my salary and benifits, which I will take with me for my girlfriends new tourist visa.

As stated by many, it always helps to dress and show utmost respect. Also, any evidence to show that you are upstanding, normal and spend money while here is appreciated by the government.

Anyway, good luck

Believe Sunbelt said he would be back January 8th but suspect he will have an inbox the size of Everest so it may take a while for him to catch up.

:D In fact, I will be back around the 10th. The good news the mailbox is being answered Monday to Friday have five dedicated staff that are doing that. :D

Missed Thaivisa.com, as I'm now going to have a couple days near a computer, I can help answer some Thaivisa posts. :o

No letter of clean conduct needed to get a visa for non-teachers.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com