Driver's out of body experience as he credits amulet with miraculous escape

webfact

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

The mentality of people believing that an amulet saved his life is unbelievable.

We you wearing an amulet, hells teeth were are they coming from?

Listen carefully, every single news story I see you with not only negative, but downright insulting, derogatory remarks about Thailand and its culture. A bit of advice, if you are a guest in a country, especially if you are married to a Thai, show some respect for others’ beliefs, religion and faith.

Why are you here if you hate it so much?

I believe some of these amulets have protective powers, so do many around the world.

In the UK, my parents always had a St.Christopher in their car. Would you care to question their mentality? I doubt it, it’s only Thai people you despise.

What about Paul Newman and his plastic Jesus?!

Anyone here ever had a plastic Jesus, St Christopher, or blessing in their car? I took my car to the temple to be blessed, did you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNtftzGqrmY

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ThaiCitizen said:

Listen carefully, every single news story I see you with not only negative, but downright insulting, derogatory remarks about Thailand and its culture. A bit of advice, if you are a guest in a country, especially if you are married to a Thai, show some respect for others’ beliefs, religion and faith.

I believe some of these amulets have protective powers, so do many around the world.

In the UK, my parents always had a St.Christopher in their car. Would you care to question their mentality? I doubt it, it’s only Thai people you despise.

Anyone here ever had a plastic Jesus, St Christopher, or blessing in their car? I took my car to the temple to be blessed, did you?

Have i upset you?

Anyway you are totally wrong, please keep up.

This morning here onTV i made a post complimenting the RTP.

Edited by colinneil

19 hours ago, Gracas said:

I think the amulet money in that deal is already spoken for. The submarine crew are going to need all they can get.

I often wonder if it will get to the crew stage. Now queue in this case I can understand they will be queued up right besides the aircraft carrier. 

2 minutes ago, ThaiCitizen said:

No. this is 2017 not 1417, the age of enlightenment has passed you by

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Have i upset you?

Anyway you are totally wrong, please keep up.

This morning here onTV i made a post complimenting the RTP.

Yes, you upset me. Is that your intention? I think you upset most that read your inane vents, who actually like living here and like the people and culture.

Please answer my questions.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No. this is 2017 not 1417, the age of enlightenment has passed you by

So you have never been to a temple in Thailand? Does your wife go to the temple and is she unenlightened?

Spirituality has nothing to do with what century we are in.

You want me to answer, ok.

First question, yes.

Secondly, again you are totally wrong, i love living here, love the people.

Very happily married.

Not got silly hang ups like some.

Enjoy life, enjoy having fun, so what is so wrong with that?

I also try if possible to help people, only yesterday i went out of my way to help another TV member, i even did something that i have never done before, found out have to post a link on here, and to my surprise i did it and it worked.

The member i helped had the courtesy to e-mail a thank you to me.

Also i see you said you have had an out of body experience, well join the club because after my very serious accident, so did i, but i do not think that makes me or you special, just ordinary people.

Edited by colinneil

Just now, ThaiCitizen said:

So you have never been to a temple in Thailand? Does your wife go to the temple and is she unenlightened?

Spirituality has nothing to do with what century we are in.

Yes i have been to temples and churches and i visited a mosque once, European cathedrals are the most impressive as they took hundreds of years to complete and aren't full of plastic. I would call myself a spiritual person without a religion but not a superstitious idol worshiper. Buddha himself was against building temples and rejected that he should be worshiped, i think that Jesus also rejected the notion of churches,although as a Jew he respected the synogogue. i don't think that Buddha would have thought that attributing powers to a bit of stone around ones neck was a good idea. Human beings are a superstitious lot of primates especially when their lives are at stake as in the armed forces, many sailors, airmen and soldiers have gone screaming to their deaths clutching their good luck talisman.

12 minutes ago, ThaiCitizen said:

I've had an out of body experience and trying to explain it to some of the closed-minded bigots here would impossible.

An NDE I presume, something that has been well documented and can even be artificially induced. 

16 hours ago, jenifer d said:

frankly, no- although there's no need, really, since they have ample opportunity to do so here, since most expats who settle and/or visit here frequently make NO effort whatsoever to understand, let alone embrace, Thai culture and spirituality...

when i talked to my Thai next door neighbor few minutes ago, and told them the details except for the amulet part, they hadn't seen the story (they were not online today, at the temple all day because of 100 monks visiting, i had been at friend's shop when the monks came out the first morning, couldn't go today as my motorcycle is not running)-

the first thing they asked was "was the driver wearing a Phra?" and showed their amulet, i said excitedly "yes!"

they nodded sagely...

Amulets do not influence, protect or ward off anything.

They are just objects.

Revered by many, but still inanimate objects.

2 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

Are you a member of the Flat Earth Society? :whistling:

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Not all cultures are equal are they, superstitious nonsense like this does not deserve respect or admiration as it's pure ignorance.

Out with all the 'belief' religions then.

5 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

My parents had one of those nodding dog things in their car but i don't suppose that counts

6 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

I must show respect without "evidence"..............incredible...........NO THANKS

"belief" means nothing without evidence.......there is  none, all you mentioned are equally  stupid......plastic Jesus etc

36 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

My parents had one of those nodding dog things in their car but i don't suppose that counts

equally as valid as the others mentioned, it could have been a dog turd on the dashboard as an amulet..............all nuts

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

I must show respect without "evidence"..............incredible...........NO THANKS

"belief" means nothing without evidence.......there is  none, all you mentioned are equally  stupid......plastic Jesus etc

Well, let's see. Are you in Thailand or in any other foreign country?

If stuff is brought up to your face that you feel you don't believe/respect - how do you react?

10 minutes ago, kannot said:

equally as valid as the others mentioned, it could have been a dog turd on the dashboard as an amulet..............all nuts

To be honest i wear an amulet, it was presented to me by a semi hermit monk in the mountains,he saw in me a decent person ( we can all make mistakes) The amulet is apparently very rare and worth a lot of money, an amulet trader offered me 30k on the spot when he saw it at a market, my bank manager who collects these things priced it between 800k and one mio. I wont sell it out of respect to the monk who gave it to me and because the wife would give me some GBH if i did. it has helped me on many occasions with police,immigration, public institutions etc. not because it has any power but because the people looking at it are impressed and fascinated by it and start up a conversation after which everything goes smoothly.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:51 PM, soalbundy said:

it has helped me on many occasions with police,immigration, public institutions etc. not because it has any power but because the people looking at it are impressed and fascinated by it and start up a conversation after which everything goes smoothly.

Hard to tell the outside world (amulet being recognized) from the inside one, as they overlap in a case like these.

eah, you can give it away but don't sell it.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:25 PM, kannot said:

Yes, I think you should, rather than being closed-minded and arrogantly thinking you know more than all Thai Buddhists, and Christians for that matter.

Humility is something you should look up in the dict.

On 5/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, soalbundy said:

To be honest i wear an amulet, it was presented to me by a semi hermit monk in the mountains,he saw in me a decent person ( we can all make mistakes) The amulet is apparently very rare and worth a lot of money, an amulet trader offered me 30k on the spot when he saw it at a market, my bank manager who collects these things priced it between 800k and one mio. I wont sell it out of respect to the monk who gave it to me and because the wife would give me some GBH if i did. it has helped me on many occasions with police,immigration, public institutions etc. not because it has any power but because the people looking at it are impressed and fascinated by it and start up a conversation after which everything goes smoothly.

And you say a semi hermit monk gave you this amulet worth 800,000/1,000,000 baht? I cant imagine a semi hermit monk giving away an amulet even if it worth20 baht.Are you an aging hippy that still listens to floyd and the Moody blues. You say that people look at it and start up conversations with you. I would make sure none of those people followed me up the street. Do you honestly want me to believe that people dont want to cut your throat to obtain such a fantastical monetary prize. I wouldn't be flashing it about if i were you,i would be keeping it in a very safe place,unless, of course this is all BS.

Your pal KKD

On 05/09/2017 at 11:34 AM, mrdome said:

Well, let's see. Are you in Thailand or in any other foreign country?

If stuff is brought up to your face that you feel you don't believe/respect - how do you react?

He gets upset & calls people stupid.

Lacks compassion I think.