Pathum Thani: US man was starving himself to death after his woman moved out

snoop1130

1 hour ago, saakura said:

As a 62 year old farang in poor mental health, yes. If you are in your thirties or forties, handsome, healthy with a steady job, money is not necessarily the only attraction.

I am 72, married, and have often been called crazy, but I still find making female friends easy. Yeah, yeah, there is a difference between platonic and sexual friendship, but it is a fine line.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Just having the right equipment helps in many cases.... 

Yeah, I guess if you could wrap both hands around your penis and twirl the head of it around; you may attract some women. However, I was referring to other ways; like sweet words, a caring manner, and actually taking an interest in them. 

Alzheimer could be the cause, it is very difficult if not impossible to care for an Alzheimer patient. My father had it, he choose the same way to die. He was also abandoned by his long time girlfriend but I never blamed her because I understood she probably suffered more than him.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

34 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Yeah, I guess if you could wrap both hands around your penis and twirl the head of it around; you may attract some women. However, I was referring to other ways; like sweet words, a caring manner, and actually taking an interest in them. 

isn't the two hand trick normal ? :wink:

You are correct of course, manners, politeness and empathy,  if that doesn't work you are wasting your time.

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

isn't the two hand trick normal ? :wink:

You are correct of course, manners, politeness and empathy,  if that doesn't work you are wasting your time.

It always has been for me; that's how I know the trick, but it never kindled the type of relationship I wanted. Any woman willing to have sex just because you have a big penis will undoubtedly have sex with someone else with a big penis. Similarly, any woman who will have sex with you just for money, may just have sex with someone else for money.

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

Yeah, well, that was my plan 10 years ago, now I am looking for another place to spend 10 years.

With you there.

I am slowly winding down things here and looking around in Asia.

No hurry, but I hope to have extricated myself from all the tedious things tying me down in six months.

Then it will get more serious.

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Strange, the older i get the more self assured i am. Old men can stand on a pinnacle of life experience and look down on the goings on at the bottom and shake ones head in amazement and think, ''I used to be that stupid''

Agreed. We all make mistakes in life. That is called life! Those who can learn from them and move on are wiser for it. Those who cannot live as prisoners of their own fear and insecurity. It is a big world full of wonderful people and experiences. And we only have one shot at making the most of it. I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of not living! And making the most of my gift in the short time (no pun intended) I get to spend here. Father Time carries on  as he always has. It is up to each of us to squeeze as much happiness from the finite gift he has given us. 

This has taken a really wierd course - has it been established he actually died in the hospital??  Serious question.   At 62 he is eligible for social security in the US, if he is a Veteran  there's dozens of programs he can get into in the US.   I can honestly say the only thing I am afraid of in this life is dementia or alzhiemers without a support group.  I can fight my way thru anything else.  I only hope & pray this  never happens to me.   Hang tough old one.  :sleepy:

This has taken a really wierd course - has it been established he actually died in the hospital??  Serious question.   At 62 he is eligible for social security in the US, if he is a Veteran  there's dozens of programs he can get into in the US.   I can honestly say the only thing I am afraid of in this life is dementia or alzhiemers without a support group.  I can fight my way thru anything else.  I only hope & pray this  never happens to me.   Hang tough old one.  :sleepy:

Follow the news article says he died in hospital[emoji46]

US man was starving himself to death after his woman moved out

Mr Mesaha is a large, tall man, but he was now frail and thin and emaciated lying helpless on his bed.

He initially refused to go to hospital but after the juristic person's office said they would look after his property while he was away he agreed to be carried to Thammasat Rangsit Hospital.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* It seems that something has been lost in the translation except his life...??...;)

14 hours ago, smotherb said:

If you don't care for yourself you cannot care for others--part of a relationship has to be value seen in both parties. If you are worth nothing, why should she even want you--except for your money.

He must have been so emotionally dysfunctional and insecure to even contemplate such an end to his life.

There is a lot of truth in this. Relationships can be seen in mathematical equations.

a) 1 X 1 = 1  Two whole people come together and can make a stable whole relationship. OR

B) 1/2  +  1/2  =  1   Here we have two people, who are not whole in themselves, coming together and trying to make a whole relationship. But it is dysfunctional because they are too dependent on one another. They feel that without the other person, they can not have a life. This leads to insecurity, jealousy, probably anger etc etc. And this is a trap we are all prone to fall into.

No, I'm not a psychologist.....just an old learner from the school of hard knocks.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2560 at 8:40 PM, Just1Voice said:

Sorry, but no single woman in Thailand is worth that.  Way too many more of them around to take her place.

Maybe his feelings for this particular woman are far beyond your understanding...! I'm so happy that you and everyone else here fully understand his situation...!!!!!

On 5/8/2017 at 8:40 PM, Just1Voice said:

Sorry, but no single woman in Thailand is worth that.  Way too many more of them around to take her place.

If you think that you have never been enough in love to understand.

I always thought that if my wife left me I'd off myself, but as she took to verbally attacking me for a couple of years before making the final cut, I was sufficiently weaned off her not to do so.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:44 PM, soalbundy said:

Strange, the older i get the more self assured i am. Old men can stand on a pinnacle of life experience and look down on the goings on at the bottom and shake ones head in amazement and think, ''I used to be that stupid''

True. My self assuredness grew in inverse proportion to the increase in my physical decrepitude.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, smotherb said:

It always has been for me; that's how I know the trick, but it never kindled the type of relationship I wanted. Any woman willing to have sex just because you have a big penis will undoubtedly have sex with someone else with a big penis. Similarly, any woman who will have sex with you just for money, may just have sex with someone else for money.

It has always amazed me how women can break up a marriage because they are younger and prettier than the current wife, but think he won't go for a younger and prettier replacement when they becomes older and less attractive.

On 5/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, NCC1701A said:

its clear from the callous remarks from some comments here that most people don't understand depression.

People never understand something that they can't see physically, till they themselves suffer from it.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:09 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

Never chase after a bus or a woman, if you wait long enough another one will show up, going where you want to go.

But then don't be a fool about it.

If you can't get a bus the whole way, there may be a better one at the next stop going where you want.

That only works if one has the bus fare for the second stage of the journey. If one spent all ones money for the first stage, the next bus conductor will kick one off the bus.

On 5/9/2017 at 4:52 PM, smotherb said:

What makes that comment "stu..d"? You actually believe there are women worth staring yourself to death?

I doubt anyone starves themselves to death for the woman per se, but they will certainly do it if they have nothing left worth living for.

When I left my first partner, I missed being with someone dreadfully, but I didn't miss HER at all.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

True. My self assuredness grew in inverse proportion to the increase in my physical decrepitude.

Which is in direct contradiction to the average Thai person who is radically insecure

On 5/9/2017 at 4:57 PM, smotherb said:

If you don't care for yourself you cannot care for others--part of a relationship has to be value seen in both parties. If you are worth nothing, why should she even want you--except for your money.

He must have been so emotionally dysfunctional and insecure to even contemplate such an end to his life.

There is a vast difference between being selfish and liking oneself.

I doubt you have ever been clinically depressed to be able to make that last remark.

7 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

Which is in direct contradiction to the average Thai person who is radically insecure

Actually, from a lifetime of observation, the vast majority of people are insecure. The successful ones are just better at hiding it. I have only met a very, very few people that were really secure and they were either such nice people that everyone loved them, or were sociopaths ( that is just the people I have met, so no need to say I'm wrong about people others know ).

On 5/9/2017 at 11:01 AM, kiwikeith said:

Living in a hovel ' No Money No Honey' but I agree to go to hospital if you take care of my property which I was incapable of looking after as I was going to die.

Crazy man, lucky to be helped.

Is he lucky to be helped? What happens after he is nursed back to health? Will he just start over?

Will the neighbours help him more? They should as if they stopped him succeeding it is their responsibility from there on.

On 5/9/2017 at 11:08 AM, jak2002003 said:

You are missing out on a lot in life if you stop yourself falling in love, and, won't let others love and care for you.

Everyone gets heartbroken a few times (sometimes many) in their lives.. that part of being human... but also on the other side of the coin is the great feeling of love and being loved. 

the great feeling of love and being loved. 

That only happened once to me and it didn't last.

It's not as though one can order a soul mate on Amazon. It's purely luck if two soul mates happen to be in the same place at the same time and aren't already with someone else.

On 5/9/2017 at 10:05 AM, boomerangutang said:

I'm glad I went through emotional heartaches earlier in life.  They were painful, but I like to think I learned some things.  Namely:  don't get too attached to anyone.   Not a lover, not kids, not an authority figure.  I'm more callous now, but a lot less vulnerable to emotional shipwreck.  

It works the other way also.  For example, a few times, when I've sensed a woman was getting too emotionally wrapped up with me (thinking/hoping I would be her b.f. or husband), I pull away.   Better to pull away earlier, when there are less attachments, than later, when it could be tumultuous. 

Ben Franklin supposedly said sagely; 'neither a borrower nor a lender be.'

I could twist that to; 'neither a heartbreak nor a heartbreaker be.'

Not Franklin, but Shakespeare from Hamlet, when Polonius is giving advice to Laertes , on his departure for France. No doubt Franklin did quote. 

On 5/9/2017 at 9:30 AM, robblok said:

I hope your wish comes true.. and I don't get it why people should return home to die. If you lived here good and are healthy (important) its ok to die here. It also depends on if you have friends and family or not.

There's dying and there's dying. Dying of old age in a bed with loved ones around is very different from dying of some disease that can only be relieved by morphine. Thai Drs are said to be very reluctant to offer enough narcotics to give a peaceful death. I'd definitely go home to die if the latter.

I feel so sorry for guys like this whose world suddenly collapses and would just like to say to any guys like this, that life and a good one, even if this happens to you is still available. Going home you may not think is an option but it is and there is help if you decide to go.

That song Love hurts and it does a lot at first on break ups, but come on live for another day.

If you find yourself like this with no one to talk to PM me and that's an open invitation as I do not like the other option many take.

You only live once and ending early is not living at all.

In the UK we have a saying at times like this. not great but can be funny here goes

Women are like London buses, miss one, put your hand out and another will stop in a few minutes.

OK its sexist but trying to cheer someone up who may be down.

PS Guys it does work.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is a wonderful German word 'die Alterswurstigkeit' that perfectly describes the 'couldn't - care - less' attitude that grows in proportion to ones age which is just as well considering our lack of ability in some activities.