Pattaya Rugby Tens

This weekend i went to pattaya to meet a friend.Whilst in a bar someone told us about the Pattaya 10s. so we went and had a great day out on sunday.the poor blokes on the pitch were really suffering in the heat. As\good a day as it was there seemed to be few spectators.only the players and wives and families really.

i asked about the advertising, and it seemed to be mimimal.

such a shame as it could have been a great fund raiser for charity.

anybody else go and think the same?

I am an avid rugby follower, and still play when i can. What is the rugby scene like in thialand in general? is it a game predominantly played by the expats? Where ever i have gone in the world its usually the first thing i do. go and find the local rugby club. there is no better way to get in to the local community and meet new people; i have never found other sports clubs quite as welcoming...or social.

10's in tropical heat!!! sounds too much like hard work...

i live out in the country so rugby here is nil.

but in the main towns there are plenty of teams. and all the big universities have teams also.

the standard is average,probably about division 1 or 2 for the county teams in uk.i.e surry 1 or essex 1

so its ok and the there are a huge amount of thais playing.theyre pretty good also