Pension/ Bank Statement

Hello all,

I will be doing an Extension for my NON-O (Marriage) next week and am curious about the proof of finances.  

I have a 100k baht pension but do not have 400k in the bank. 

Am I correct in assuming that I need a notarized letter from my embassy? OR is a bank statement showing the 100k income per month enough for immigration?

THANKS again!

Edited by ThaiEddie

What is your nationality?

If British the embassy (for an extortionate fee) will provide letter certifying your income (not notarized, just embassy stamp).

You need to make the request by post using a form from their website. You provide the evidence to support the figure you state on the request form. Immigration reserve the right to see the supporting evidence but are usually more likely to ask about how you spend the money in Thailand.

Edited by Jip99

26 minutes ago, ThaiEddie said:

Am I correct in assuming that I need a notarized letter from my embassy? OR is a bank statement showing the 100k income per month enough for immigration?

The income letter from your embassy will be all you need to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

If you are 50 or over immigration will likely insist you do the extension based upon retirement since your income is greater than the 65k baht required for it.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The income letter from your embassy will be all you need to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

If you are 50 or over immigration will likely insist you do the extension based upon retirement since your income is greater than the 65k baht required for it.

Just tell them you don't want it as you may want to work here.

11 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

Some offices have been known to "just do" the Retirement extension, regardless of the request / what's on the application - because it is less work.  If you want/need an extension based on marriage (to allow you to obtain a work-permit, for example), one way to ensure you receive that type, is to get the income-letter from your embassy for LESS than 65K/mo - say 50K Baht, which forces them to issue an extension based on marriage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

People have tried that but they still ended up with a retirement extension. The only way to be sure you get the visa you want is to show financial proof that is less what is needed for one based upon retirement.

• Like 1

I wanted to move from retirement to a marriage extension just recently, initially they tried to put me off, but in the it went through smoothly in the end, and I had over the 800kTHB retirement requirement. This was in the Prachinburi IM office.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect