Police check

Hi folks. Yet another question.

One of The requirement for the OA Visa is a police check. I work with children and have a DBS please check does anybody know if it is the same as they require for the Visa and I can use that instead or do I still have to go through the process of getting a new police check?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Where are you located ? What the Thai consulates are interested in is a clear criminal background history that usually has to be somewhat current ( within 3 months). In the US, it cost me about $40 US and took 3 days. No big deal

Haha in the uk a DBS is a police background check that you need to work in certain jobs. Mine is a few days too old to be used but I've realised I couldn't use it either way. I'm very impatient and don't read things properly. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, mvdf said:

What in the world is a DBS? I know it's a bank in Singapore.

People posting here assuming all readers are from their country!

Stands for Disclosure and Barring Service.  Someone no doubt got paid for coming up with that, replaces Criminal Records Bureau.

6 minutes ago, oldsoulchild said:

Haha in the uk a DBS is a police background check that you need to work in certain jobs. Mine is a few days too old to be used but I've realised I couldn't use it either way. I'm very impatient and don't read things properly. emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You should check consulate rules...maybe it is still valid depends on their rules.