Retirement stay extension requirements

I am a US passport holder whose retirement visa stay expires July 2. I will be extending at Chaeng Wattana. Can someone with recent experience pls tell me how many days in advance I can go do the extension there? I have read 30-45 days on this forum, but what about at CW? Also, the 800,00 b bank deposit -- is it deposited 2 months or 3 months before, and is it before the date that I apply or the date of stay expiry, July 2?

And would you pls confirm the required documents are the same as last year, when I first did the extension? Thanks.

For the extension:

TM.7

1 4X6cm photo

1,900 b application fee

Passport and photocopies of main ID page, O-A visa page, last stamp into Thailand, departure card.

Photocopy of bank ID page and pages showing 800,000 b

Letter from the bank certifying my account and balance

For the re-entry permit:

TM.8

1 2” photo

Photocopy passport main ID page, O-A visa page, last stamp into Thailand.

3,800 b application fee

Do you really have a retirement-VISA OR are you in fact talking about an extension of stay based on retirement that expires.....

May be a good idea to inform that in order to get correct information out of it...

Glegolo

9 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Do you really have a retirement-VISA OR are you in fact talking about an extension of stay based on retirement that expires.....

May be a good idea to inform that in order to get correct information out of it...

Glegolo

I am doing the annual extension of an O-A visa, based on retirement, that I first received in 2014. Thanks.

The 800k baht has to be in the bank for 60 days if it is your first extension of stay application (it is not a OA visa) or 3 months for the 2nd one onward on the date you apply.

You can apply for the extension up to 45 days early at CW.

You have an extension of stay based upon retirement not a OA visa.

If you change OA visa to extension stamp your list is correct. You also need a copy of the page your expired OA visa is on.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 800k baht has to be in the bank for 60 days if it is your first extension of stay application (it is not a OA visa) or 3 months for the 2nd one onward on the date you apply.

You can apply for the extension up to 45 days early at CW.

You have an extension of stay based upon retirement not a OA visa.

If you change OA visa to extension stamp your list is correct. You also need a copy of the page your expired OA visa is on.

This is my second extension of stay application. My bank account did not reach the 800,000 threshold until March 9. That means the earliest date I can apply is June 9, is that correct?

I'm also wondering if I can apply in Chiang Mai instead of Bangkok, where I applied last year.

Thanks for your advice.

10 hours ago, peterdwje2 said:

This is my second extension of stay application. My bank account did not reach the 800,000 threshold until March 9. That means the earliest date I can apply is June 9, is that correct?

I'm also wondering if I can apply in Chiang Mai instead of Bangkok, where I applied last year.

Thanks for your advice.

June 9th is the earliest you can apply for the extension.

Unless you are now living in and  have changed your address to Chiang Mai you will have to do it in Bangkok.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

June 9th is the earliest you can apply for the extension.

Unless you are now living in and  have changed your address to Chiang Mai you will have to do it in Bangkok.

Thank you for your reply. And do you know if money I have invested in a mutual fund company (Krungsri Asset Management) also counts toward the 800,000? Or does it have to be a bank account? I did not reach the 800,000 in my bank account until March 9, so as you said, I cannot apply for the extension until June 9. But if I can count the combination of my bank account and my mutual fund, it did exceed 800,00 before March 9, allowing me to apply for the extension earlier. I searched on this forum but could not find. Thank you.

1 hour ago, peterdwje2 said:

Thank you for your reply. And do you know if money I have invested in a mutual fund company (Krungsri Asset Management) also counts toward the 800,000? Or does it have to be a bank account? I did not reach the 800,000 in my bank account until March 9, so as you said, I cannot apply for the extension until June 9. But if I can count the combination of my bank account and my mutual fund, it did exceed 800,00 before March 9, allowing me to apply for the extension earlier. I searched on this forum but could not find. Thank you.

They will not accept a mutual fund. It has to be in a standard saving account or a fixed term account that allows immediate withdrawals without penalty other than loss of interest.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not accept a mutual fund. It has to be in a standard saving account or a fixed term account that allows immediate withdrawals without penalty other than loss of interest.

I'm also wondering: the requirement that the 800,000 must be in the bank "three months" prior to applying -- can that be interpreted as 90 days. Since my account hit the threshold on March 9 and March and May have 31 days, that would allow me to apply on June 6 or 7 instead of June 9. I'm hoping to do this before June 9 because I have a travel plan that day.

Thank you again.