Camera Store in Samui

Hi  TV members from Samui ...

I am looking for a Camera store on the Island,  now I only know BigCamera at Central Festival, is there still another one somewhere ?

More and more I buy many things online with Lazada but not always easy their search engine  being a bit dumb .

Anyhow in case of no answer thanks in advance  for your moral support :smile: because I'm not sure there is another photo/camera store  "still alive" in Samui :sad:

It's slim pickings for camera shops at least for higher end ones... There used to be another shop across from Big Camera at Central, not sure if it is still there... but I seem to remember you have to wait for your choice of camera to come in from BKK at both. (at least you can touchy feel what they have on display at BC.)

Sirisen used to carry a few, not sure anymore if they do or not. .. they used to have best service too. I think no more.

Agree with what you say with Lazada, ... I did get my last Canon from them, only to find out the Warranty was only good in UK~! (it has been OK though... but warranty claims are not always clear with Lazada! You don't find out until you try to register, by then the seven day return policy has run out! )

Power Buy in Central also used to I think carry some mid range, but these stores have really cut back on inventory they have in stock...even Tesco.... which used to have more selection.

I suppose the Smart Phone market has taken over too much...

Good luck!

2 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

It's slim pickings for camera shops at least for higher end ones... There used to be another shop across from Big Camera at Central, not sure if it is still there... but I seem to remember you have to wait for your choice of camera to come in from BKK at both. (at least you can touchy feel what they have on display at BC.)

Sirisen used to carry a few, not sure anymore if they do or not. .. they used to have best service too. I think no more.

Agree with what you say with Lazada, ... I did get my last Canon from them, only to find out the Warranty was only good in UK~! (it has been OK though... but warranty claims are not always clear with Lazada! You don't find out until you try to register, by then the seven day return policy has run out! )

Power Buy in Central also used to I think carry some mid range, but these stores have really cut back on inventory they have in stock...even Tesco.... which used to have more selection.

Good luck!

The young lady I'v seen in BC Central seems not to know many things, right now I'm waiting for a Lumix FZ2000 I bought at Lazada as a last resort.But no guarantee  :annoyed: GRRRR

Because it seems there is none imported in Thailand at least it is not mentioned on Panasonic Thailand webside.

Camera store because I would like to buy some extra like a lens for the white balance also a tripod, no problem I will buy Lazada again.

"There used to be another shop across from Big Camera at Central, not sure if it is still there."

It is not there any more.

Yees Jimmy:clap2:That's the answer!  I will sleep better to night ... for understanding the reasons for anything helps a lot to stop tinking too mut

The other camera store in Central, SamuiJimmy talks about, has been closed for long time, think it was the one from Tesco-Lotus mall that moved to there.

Power Buy in Central mainly stock GoPro-style cameras, some few other small ones, and the best-seller revival of Polaroids...:shock1:
Tesco-Lotus seem to have given completely up with computers and cameras, and BigC has only few smaller cameras.

I bought my last stuff – new Canon-objective – on the Internet from Korea, excellent service and much lower price than quoted from BigCamera, which had to special-order it anyway.

We could use a real expert camera-shop, but perhaps the market is just too small...:whistling:

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

The other camera store in Central, SamuiJimmy talks about, has been closed for long time, think it was the one from Tesco-Lotus mall that moved to there.

Power Buy in Central mainly stock GoPro-style cameras, some few other small ones, and the best-seller revival of Polaroids...:shock1:
Tesco-Lotus seem to have given completely up with computers and cameras, and BigC has only few smaller cameras.

I bought my last stuff – new Canon-objective – on the Internet from Korea, excellent service and much lower price than quoted from BigCamera, which had to special-order it anyway.

We could use a real expert camera-shop, but perhaps the market is just too small...:whistling:

It was "Camera Hut"  in Tesco then Central ... now gone .... The problem with these stores is in a community like Samui, they really need to have Thai's who can speak reasonably good English and good understanding of the products ...

I think they really lose out because they don't.

1 hour ago, samuijimmy said:

It was "Camera Hut"  in Tesco then Central ... now gone .... The problem with these stores is in a community like Samui, they really need to have Thai's who can speak reasonably good English and good understanding of the products ...

I think they really lose out because they don't.

I bought my Canon EOS 600D in Camera Hut – at that time they also sold big Canon cameras in both Tesco and outside Home Pro – very fair price and good service. Was sad when they moved and shortly after gave up. BigCamera did not live up yo my expectations when I bought a quite expensive camera-lens there (faulty, repaired in BKK, still not good, I gave up using it); however, that shop seem to be only alternative at present, so have to live with it and shop there; or mail-order (online)...

Archived