Official accused in sex ring ‘may have claimed to be governor’

rooster59

Oh good grief.  Why am I not surprised?  Can the girls not pick him out of a lineup?  The depth and breath of corruption in this country is mind boggling.

Reform anyone?  Prayut?...Prayut?   Prayut?

15 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

To make a field trip and stay at a resort in the northern province that was or is known to be used for prostitution involving girls under 18,
is not a clever idea,  if someone worries about his reputation.

But, but... he didn't know.  Really, he didn't.    :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I would think that if a governor wishes to deal with prostitutes that it would be relatively easy for a man in his position to make better, more private, arrangements. But on the other hand as hobz indicated why bother if you belong to the untouchables.

I would fear for the life if any girl who picked him out in a line up. To the Thais who are involved in this, these girls are nothing's, they are prostitute trash, whose lives hold no meaning or loss. These disgusting hypocrites are users of their youth. Its the Thai way.They dont care if the girl goes missing or is shifted off to Saudi Arabia.As long as they get away with it. Money changes hands, poverty stricken parents soon change to parents (who have a few quid now) who are sad at the loss of their daughter.All things and everything revolves around money, Compassion is not a natural Thai emotion.And the easy lure of a few baht is a quick way to heal the parental hurt.

Consider the hyperbolic BS reflected in each new "official" statement  or re-hash of alternative facts issued about this growing scandal, I'm thinking the "drunkenness" dredged up as a smokescreen to protect the former Governor is a perpetual condition in the environment of the decision-makers' workplace.  It's either uncontrolled, unco-ordinated full-moon party time every work day for many authorities, or they create statements on the premise that if enough bizarre conflicting interpretations of an "investigation"  (I think it's mainly mythic) are released an easily-bored public quickly switch off, forget the whole business ever happened and look for other distractions. The partygoers can resume their shenanigans once everyone goes back to sleep.

In this story nothing surprised me.The more details are published the more we get a picture of Thai society. It's not sooo different from ours if it comes to sex. Some years ago the HiSOs of Volkswagen entered Hungary for the same purpose. Men paid always for sex with young girls. And the girls took the money. Look here: How many farangs fell in love with a former prostitute....? And got married at the end, not knowing that their wifes years ago did tricks with men in Japan or Dubai or even Hungary. Under the cloak of "Thai massage" Now they are settled.

28 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

Oh good grief.  Why am I not surprised?  Can the girls not pick him out of a lineup?  The depth and breath of corruption in this country is mind boggling.

Reform anyone?  Prayut?...Prayut?   Prayut?

Perhaps Prayut is trying to do something. At least he is saying he is going to do something......which is not quite the same as actually doing it as we know from previous experience.

http://www.asiaone.com/asia/thailands-teen-sex-ring-face-justice

From the above report:

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has pledged to take action against every culprit in the latest teenage-prostitution scandal....."

"I will spare no one. I have already ordered relevant authorities to bring all wrongdoers to justice," Prayut said....."

People of influence must never, ever, lose face, scapegoats, people disappeared, who cares they're only Buffalo.  Nothing is as important as not losing face to these people...  TIT 

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I would fear for the life if any girl who picked him out in a line up. To the Thais who are involved in this, these girls are nothing's, they are prostitute trash, whose lives hold no meaning or loss. These disgusting hypocrites are users of their youth. Its the Thai way.They dont care if the girl goes missing or is shifted off to Saudi Arabia.As long as they get away with it. Money changes hands, poverty stricken parents soon change to parents (who have a few quid now) who are sad at the loss of their daughter.All things and everything revolves around money, Compassion is not a natural Thai emotion.And the easy lure of a few baht is a quick way to heal the parental hurt.

In LOS this has ALWAYS been the case for any and everyone with a bit of money or influence.IT will NEVER change.Enough said as I still live there.

4 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

In LOS this has ALWAYS been the case for any and everyone with a bit of money or influence.IT will NEVER change.Enough said as I still live there.

I think it must go on in other counties as well. No country is whiter than white. But it just seems that over here it its more prevalent.I expect that its the corruption that is omnipresent here that makes it so more evident.

You can bet your worth such sexcapades with minors and officials takes place in most cities if not all. No way is this unique to Mae Hong Son and just a few dirty old men.

33 minutes ago, wvavin said:

The first twist of the plot. Stay tuned folks.

Well, it was just some drunk claiming to be the governor. It wasn't actually him.

Case dismissed. 

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Claiming to possess video of official state vehicles parked outside the party venue

I'm sure the video shows that tuk-tuk from Puket with the two Russians was in fact parked there that night... Those two perverts, after having sex all the way from Puket to Mae Hon Song, were there to buy underage sex... Damn foreigners!

22 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Oh brother. Why am I not surprised?:wacko:

Right, now the question is - "who will be presented as the ScapeGoat"...??...;)

22 hours ago, hobz said:

Smells like the governor is getting away with his crimes... Disgusting..police seems onboard selling the story....not suprised.. Yet extremely disgusted...  Why are thai people putting up with this shit? 

Why are Thai people putting up with this shit?, mainly because half of them are unaware of what's going on, second -  many  couldn't care less and third, the balance are doing the same thing. 

On 2017-5-13 at 8:32 AM, JAG said:

As Attorney General of San Marino ( and at one time Defense Minister of Lichtenstein) I must expose you as an imposter sir!

As the ex-Head of Public Works of San Marino, I fully agree with your actions. Expose him I cry!

<NURSE!> More medication please!