Android weather app with animated radar

Is there an app that you can follow the current weather, and storms coming into he city, with radar? 

I don't think so, judging by the accuracy of Google's weather predictions it wouldn't be very accurate anyway ^^ but have a look at the Thai meteorological department website they might have an interactive map.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jaymbkk said:

I don't think so, judging by the accuracy of Google's weather predictions it wouldn't be very accurate anyway ^^ but have a look at the Thai meteorological department website they might have an interactive map.

Thanks, I'll try it. 

Look in the upper right corner for the time stamp.

Unfortunately and 8 hr old loop is no help...[emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Can't really rely on other apps, I've tried almost every weather apps you can find on the playstore and none were really accurate.

The government Met Radar have two Bangkok stations, at Nongchok and Nongkhame (http://weather.tmd.go.th/bma_nck.php and http://weather.tmd.go.th/bma_nkm.php) however both stations have been down for the past couple of days and it's only loading the top menu bar. That happens occasionally but they're usually pretty quick at restoring them, and they're both clearly marked with districts so you can roughly work out where you are. I save them as bookmarks on the home screen of my phone to get to them easily. On either of those pages, if you click on TMD Radar on the left side of the green bar at the top, you can select Suvarnabhumi airport radar looking out at 120km and 240kms and get a reasonable picture of what's around Bangkok. You can also see radar from the rest of the country there too.

1 minute ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

The government Met Radar have two Bangkok stations, at Nongchok and Nongkhame (http://weather.tmd.go.th/bma_nck.php and http://weather.tmd.go.th/bma_nkm.php) however both stations have been down for the past couple of days and it's only loading the top menu bar. That happens occasionally but they're usually pretty quick at restoring them, and they're both clearly marked with districts so you can roughly work out where you are. I save them as bookmarks on the home screen of my phone to get to them easily. On either of those pages, if you click on TMD Radar on the left side of the green bar at the top, you can select Suvarnabhumi airport radar looking out at 120km and 240kms and get a reasonable picture of what's around Bangkok. You can also see radar from the rest of the country there too.

Yes I clicked the airport link also. It's difficult to tell exactly where I am on the map,but I can get a good enough idea. 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Bangkok or bust said:

Yes I clicked the airport link also. It's difficult to tell exactly where I am on the map,but I can get a good enough idea. 

Thanks 

Yep, the Nongchock and Nongkhame pages have much more detail, with each district marked with three letters and boundary lines, and a good zoom feature. Fingers crossed they get them back up soon - I'm trying to paint the deck and it's hard to know when the next rain dump is due.

11 minutes ago, Bangkok or bust said:

It never did load up ..   ??

As Buffy says, its currently down, but it was working last night so should come back soon, they are probably doing server maintence or something.

It's the best radar I've found so far.

Try accuweather either as an app or just have a web page on your computer, I have the hourly page open and if I'm looking for incoming rain I have the satellite page open as well which displays cloud in infra red.  The only thing about it is it predicts rain 2 hours earlier than it usually occurs here in Rayong.

1 minute ago, Bangkok or bust said:

Is the map in satellite mode pixelated on your device? I can hardly see it.

Thanks.

Yes it is pixelated when zoomed in, I think it's meant for viewing the whole of SE Asia at the same time

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I found the most accurate weather in thailand is to walk outside wherever you live and look up at the sky.

Unfortunately that doesn't work when your trying to plan an outside trip to the store on a motorcycle,or a camping trip,but thanks for your insight.??

2 minutes ago, Bangkok or bust said:

Unfortunately that doesn't work when your trying to plan an outside trip to the store on a motorcycle,or a camping trip,but thanks for your insight.??

It was meant as others have said there us no accurate weather maps in Thailand walk outside in sunshine get 100m down the road heavy rain. Look at weather maps no hint of rain anywhere.Seems to me just about every little area in thailand has its own little weather bubble. Planned a trip from KK to Chiang Mai every weather map gave a diffrent prognosis. Which is why i said look up at the sky. Especially at this time of year..

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

It was meant as others have said there us no accurate weather maps in Thailand walk outside in sunshine get 100m down the road heavy rain. Look at weather maps no hint of rain anywhere.Seems to me just about every little area in thailand has its own little weather bubble. Planned a trip from KK to Chiang Mai every weather map gave a diffrent prognosis. Which is why i said look up at the sky. Especially at this time of year..

Totally agree.