Russia's Putin plays piano as he awaits talks with Xi

webfact

Russia's Putin plays piano as he awaits talks with Xi

REUTERS

r7.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin plays piano before meeting Chinese leader Xi Jinping on the first day of the Belt and Road Forum in Beijing, China May 14, 2017. Sputnik/Aleksey Nikolskyi/Kremlin via REUTERS

BEIJING (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin played piano while awaiting Chinese leader Xi Jinping for bilateral talks in Beijing on Sunday.

Putin spoke earlier on Sunday at a summit on China's new Silk Road plan. He later arrived at state Diaoyutai residence for talks with Xi and other leaders. 

While waiting for his bilateral with Xi to begin, Putin played several chords. According to TASS news agency and state Russian television, Putin played passages from Soviet-era songs about Moscow and St Petersburg.

The 64-year-old former KGB spy has demonstrated his skills on the piano in the past although he has mostly cultivated a macho image. That included riding a horse in Siberia, piloting firefighting planes and diving in submersible into the depths of Lake Baikal and Black Sea off Crimea coast.

(Reporting by Denis Dyomkin; Writing by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Catherine Evans)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-05-15

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Now although the Piano Tuner needs his ears gouging out, Putin will have caused much anxiety in Trump who will now be desperate to learn a musical instrument. Maybe the kazoo or something.

Be careful. Local moderators will ban you for weblinks or videos of RT. Because they are completely sure - there are only 2 kinds of information in this world. The right information that comes from the US and the West. And the "propaganda" that comes from Russia China Iran etc. They are completely sure - people must not know the opinion of the other side. And we all know why...

2 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Be careful. Local moderators will ban you for weblinks or videos of RT. Because they are completely sure - there are only 2 kinds of information in this world. The right information that comes from the US and the West. And the "propaganda" that comes from Russia China Iran etc. They are completely sure - people must not know the opinion of the other side. And we all know why...

Just stumbled across RT on the TV. Some propaganda but interesting to hear their side of things. I really like the Keiser Report. 

That piano is somewhat out of tune (some of the notes are quite off) and Putin is very rusty in his playing. I can only imagine the Chinese hosts thinking, "Jeez, we just put the piano there for show and now the bugger is playing it!"

4 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Putin is class. Top drawer. 

Yes in Corruption , Embezzlement, theft, From a foot soldier to one of the riches men in the world, Many friends died mysteriously while amassing his wealth.

But then again he is musical  he has been on the fiddle for years.

Edited by Thongkorn

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

I used to watch Keiser when I was in a stuck in a hotel room somewhere. Is he still nattering on about gold?

He has diversified topics. His last rant was on the likes of Moody's and Deloitte and there are 2 others that he did a take down on. I still think the 4 of them had a bigger hand in the 2008 debacle than has come out in the press but the government seems to be slowing working its way through guilty parties.  If the banks get greedy again which I think they are it will be you and I that pay with a bail in. I personally think they gave high ratings to mortgage bundles that were not investment grade

^^^

LMAO, Trump will weep in his coke when he sees this! I think we may see Trump in a complete John Wayne outfit soon riding on a prairie singing Home On The Range. Followed by playing quarterback with no top or pads on.

Fond of the Beetles, Trump has promised to sing at his next press conference. White House insiders say he will be singing the Fool On The Hill.

9 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Just stumbled across RT on the TV. Some propaganda but interesting to hear their side of things. I really like the Keiser Report. 

I thought you were the Russian fanboy which watches every Russian TV show there is.