1 year Non O Sanvannakhet from BKK

Hi All, Any advise appreciated. I need to get a new non imm O and want to get the multiple which i believe I can still get at Savannakhet. Its due in a few weeks. I have done non imm o at vientienne when they could still do multis and many singles depending how long I needed to stay. I have had to get my original marriage certificate sent from UK as saw that someone was refused on just a copy but that will be here on time. (never had a problem only using copies before at vientienne) anyway, as the rules are constantly changing as well as flight times etc I was hoping someone could confirm I can still do the multi at Savannakhet and what is the quickest and most cost effective way in and out. I have heard of paying extra for same day. is this true? also heard if application is in before 11am can get same day? Have my doubts obviously but worth asking. I was thinking to fly the mukdahan on the earliest flight possible, can I get to the consulate to submit on time in the same way you could from bkk to udon and then vientienne? direct flights seem a bit extortionate as they are to vte and the times don't seem to work for the consulate at all. what then would be the best option to get back to bkk as quick as poss. thinking a night over stay is unavoidable but could I get back to mukdahan next day on time to fly back to bkk next day bearing in mind pick of visa. nothing against laos or vientienne and never even been to savannakhet as far as I can remember but like many i'm sure I just want to get my visa and back to normality(ish) as quick and as cost effectively as possible. and yes I am a bit of a cheap Charlie, hence why I don't have the cash to extend at bkk immo ; ) not keen on buses at all but if it meant less tiem in laos I would even use an overnight bus if it meant I could submit docks on time mean one less night in laos. hope this makes some kind of sense. ta

You will certainly need your original marriage certificate. You will also need a copy of it and  copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

There is no same day service possible. Apply by 11 am of one day and pick up the next afternoon at 2 pm.

The fee is 5000 baht for a multiple entry non-o visa

You can fly directly to Savannakhet from BKK but flight schedules do not work for applying and pickup in such a way that it requires a 4 night stay.

You can get to Mukdahan by using a fly/ride service via airport near to there. None of the flights arrive early enough to apply the same day of arrival.

See Nok Air's schedule of their fly ride service here. http://nokair.com/content/en/destinations/fly-n-ride/Ubon-Ratchathani-mukdahan.aspx

Air Asia also offers a fly/ride service via Nakhon Phanom.

If you arrive at the bridge to Savannakhet after 6 pm you may not be able to cross because the Lao visa on arrival office officially closes at 6pm. If you cannot cross you can spend the night in Mukdahan and take the first bus to Savannakhet the next morning.

• Like 1

First, I doubt for any price you can get same day service at Savannakhet nowadays.

The fly-ride service to Mukdahan from Bangkok arrives too late to do the application the same day.

The quickest way is:

• Overnight VIP bus from Bangkok to Mukdahan, and international bus from there to Savannakhet
  • Apply the day of arrival, and receive the passport back with visa about 2:00 pm the following day
  • Fly-ride service back from Mukdahan to Bangkok. There is plenty of time to make the connection, and you are back in Bangkok the same evening.

This means you are away from Bangkok two nights (one of the bus, one at Savannakhet) and two days. There is really no way of bettering this unless willing to charter your own aircraft!

• Like 1

HI Guys, thanks for the info. I have all the required docs and suspected that it may take a bit longer than VTE. Brit Tim, is it pretty straight forward getting bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet. Does it need booking or can I just find it easily once I arrive? Also, do the buses o from Mo Chit and any idea what kind of times and if they need booking, haven't taken a coach in Thailand for donkeys years!

HI Guys, thanks for the info. I have all the required docs and suspected that it may take a bit longer than VTE. Brit Tim, is it pretty straight forward getting bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet. Does it need booking or can I just find it easily once I arrive? Also, do the buses o from Mo Chit and any idea what kind of times and if they need booking, haven't taken a coach in Thailand for donkeys years!

From Morchit there are 999, sahaphan, transport company Ltd. That going to Mukdahan with VIP buses (I know this companies) I took the Mukdahan-Morchit from Mukdahan booking it 3 hours before the departure was a nice 24 seats VIP with massaging seats, tv and meal for 660THB. BUS to Sawannakhet is shit but is the only way to cross the border, 50THB bus station to bus station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

The international bus leaves a few meters from where your VIP bus from Bangkok arrives. There is no need for an advance booking for the international bus (I do not think it is even possible) but you may need to stand if it is a busy day.

The VIP buses from Bangkok leave from Mo Chit. Buses leave between about 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm as I recall. Unless it is a holiday period, I would suggest just turning up at Mo Chit around 7:30 pm and sorting out a bus there. If you search on Google, some companies provide the ability to pre-book the tickets (it costs slightly more that way).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

The international bus leaves a few meters from where your VIP bus from Bangkok arrives. There is no need for an advance booking for the international bus (I do not think it is even possible) but you may need to stand if it is a busy day.

The VIP buses from Bangkok leave from Mo Chit. Buses leave between about 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm as I recall. Unless it is a holiday period, I would suggest just turning up at Mo Chit around 7:30 pm and sorting out a bus there. If you search on Google, some companies provide the ability to pre-book the tickets (it costs slightly more that way).

Hello all

Will be there soon with my son & wife, & plan to park car in the parking bay on the left 2 min walk to Immi

So1st I would have to  buy bus tickets near immi counter then check out of thailand & i guess the bus will be some where around there?

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

So1st I would have to  buy bus tickets near immi counter then check out of thailand & i guess the bus will be some where around there?

The bus will be just after the immigration desks waiting for the passengers that it dropped off before immigration.

3 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Hello all

Will be there soon with my son & wife, & plan to park car in the parking bay on the left 2 min walk to Immi

The booth to buy the bus ticket is just before the immigration to check out of Thailand. Once you are through immigration, you cannot miss the area where the bus turns up to take people across. There are seats you can use while waiting.

Now returned from the UK, years of Tourist long stay O visa multiple entry.  Hull Consulate is not now able to give one -and or send --scan to London.   so I returned with a 60 day, only to get another 30 day at immigration in Udon.

Looks like running to Laos every 90 days, and filling my passport up quickly  and having the luxury of 1 bleeding night in a Hotel.         What on earth are the Thai tourism doing.     I spend 10 time more living here than any Chinese tourists (who now happen to be the flavour of the month.       I know about the alternatives, but this one always suited my needs.

Will now be winding down here, selling the condo, car, motor bike and furnature until the right time to leave.

Had 38 yearss coming here loved it---but we people who had part of helping the Thai tourism are not seemingly needed now.