Golf Off

kerryk

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently returned home to the uk after a holiday in Pattaya, I had every intention of playing some golf during my stay. I never got around to playing - the prices seemed to be no different to uk prices & in the hot temperatures I opted for the beaches instead of the golf courses.

I did go to to Pattaya Driving Range a couple of times though. :o

It has been near impossible to get on a course for the past couple of weeks as they are all booked out by Koreans! I have played three times in the past week and the courses are mobbed, so don't believe everything you read.

Still cheap here for Koreans, also a lot of Scandanavians playing in big groups.

Where are you playing xbusman?

Cheers

Edited by CGW

It has been near impossible to get on a course for the past couple of weeks as they are all booked out by Koreans! I have played three times in the past week and the courses are mobbed, so don't believe everything you read.

Still cheap here for Koreans, also a lot of Scandanavians playing in big groups.

Cheers

You state you can’t get on a course

Then you state you played three times in the past week.

Think your right don’t believe what you read.

People I know go and play golf 2/3 times a week with no problem.

BTW it was Christmas two weeks ago, think you

Would expect to see a few people playing golf

Have a nice Day.

The Royal Trophy was played in BKK last week and this week up north the TPC had its Singha Masters at Santiburi Golf. I don't know how well supported the Trophy was in terms of spectators but I watched a lot of the Singha and was saddened to see how few people came to watch. Fantastic golf played by superb players and no more than a handful of spectators....<deleted>.

I guess the same mentality applies to Thai golfers who walk off the green before their playing partners have holed out. They show absolutely no interest in anyone else's game.

The Royal Trophy was played in BKK last week and this week up north the TPC had its Singha Masters at Santiburi Golf. I don't know how well supported the Trophy was in terms of spectators but I watched a lot of the Singha and was saddened to see how few people came to watch. Fantastic golf played by superb players and no more than a handful of spectators....<deleted>.

I guess the same mentality applies to Thai golfers who walk off the green before their playing partners have holed out. They show absolutely no interest in anyone else's game.

Incredible.

Do they do that for real !!!!!

I have never played golf in Thailand so I don’t know.

:o

Cheers

Have a nice Day.

Picky, Mr Cubes! do chill :o

I stated "near impossible" the three times we played were not our first pick, of either course or tee off time! I do apoligise for antagonising you :D

Do have a nice day

Cheers

Have a nice Day.

Picky, Mr Cubes! do chill :o

I stated "near impossible" the three times we played were not our first pick, of either course or tee off time! I do apoligise for antagonising you :D

Do have a nice day

That’s no problem at all.

I just thought you were moaning again. :D

We play Bangkok Royal or Chuen Chuan every Wednesday morning, nary a soul to be seen. Played Royal Lakeside today and not particularly busy.

The word we got , from one tour operator, was that many Taiwanese, Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese, opted to go to courses in China. Such as Mission Hills. Cold there though outside Shanghai. Pricing was good to get big groups there.

In the last 2 weeks my buds and I have played Phoniex(sp), Ptty CC, Khao Kaeow, Burpra, Bangphra, and Green Valley. If you call a week ahead you can get a time. Otherwise, I believe, it is hit and miss.

We play Bangkok Royal or Chuen Chuan every Wednesday morning, nary a soul to be seen. Played Royal Lakeside today and not particularly busy.

The word we got , from one tour operator, was that many Taiwanese, Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese, opted to go to courses in China. Such as Mission Hills. Cold there though outside Shanghai. Pricing was good to get big groups there.

In the last 2 weeks my buds and I have played Phoniex(sp), Ptty CC, Khao Kaeow, Burpra, Bangphra, and Green Valley. If you call a week ahead you can get a time. Otherwise, I believe, it is hit and miss.

"Top" two courses are a lot nearer to Bangkok than Pattaya, be at least 1 1/2 hour drive from where I live.

Agree if you book a week in advance then no problem, but I am unable to do this.

Phoenix stated today they are fully booked until the 27 Jan.

This thread is about golf courses being 70% down! Which I disagreed with.

10 years ago you never had to make a booking at any course in Pattaya, if you turned up you were welcomed and could play, this year is the busiest I have ever seen them. Sadly!

Cheers

Incredible.

Do they do that for real !!!!!

I have never played golf in Thailand so I don’t know.

:D

Absolutely, unless money is involved :o

Just called 6 courses to get a booking for tomorrow, nothing! Earliest tee off on Tuesday 14:00, if anyone knows where the empty courses are, please post.

Cheers

Just turn up, they will always make room for you. Just make sure they havent got a competition on or that its a members only course. On arrival just say you have booking for whatever time, they look, cannot find your name, and you just shrug and they 'mai bpen rai' and you tee off!!!

Just called 6 courses to get a booking for tomorrow, nothing! Earliest tee off on Tuesday 14:00, if anyone knows where the empty courses are, please post.

Cheers

Have you tried night golf??

Great fun. Try either Windmill on Bangna Rd or Panya Indra in Ram Intra.

With or without booking..........No problem

Actually, this time of year is always busy. In the past, it was hard to get tee times even a week out. Particularly the Korean golf tour courses. Pulling in the parking lot at 6am only to see four tour buses you could be sure it would be slower than slow.

This year business on the links is way way down. So much so that we have been able to negotiate for the Thai green fee at almost every course. With the cool weather over the past few weeks it has been golfers heaven.