New Honda Car window tinting

BB1955

I just ordered a Honda city from the dealer here in Hua Hin . The subject of window tinting came up and was offered free . The brand wont be 3 m they said Technico brand . Just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowlege before I let them do it.  Would I be better off taking a discount and having it done myself or just let them do it . If I have it dont myself whats the best type and percentage of tint to use . ? And where is a good place to have it done here ?

Thanks .....

31 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I recently had this on our new City and have no complaints. Select your preference on % .

I had darker around the cab and lighter on the front.

Did the dealership put it on before you purchased it ? They said 60% on the sides 40 % on the front ...

2 minutes ago, BB1955 said:

Did the dealership put it on before you purchased it ? They said 60% on the sides 40 % on the front ...

Yes they put in on prior to delivery.

We went with 80% cabin - 40% front.

The Motoring Section have had many discussions on Window Tinting....  have a look there, you need to read up as many have their own strong and incorrect opinions .

My view ... don't have the dealers stuff ... get a rebate ... should be 3500-4000thb.

I don't wish to start another discussion on this topic ... Very much suggest a ceramic eg Cardinal, Solar FX or Huper Optik.  For your car 12K-16Kthb is a ball park figure for ceramic and you won't regret it ...just be aware these (80-60-40) numbers quoted mean very little as to how well you can see out and also how much 'total heat' is rejected.    

I would think twice about having it done on the front screen. It's actually illegal to have it on the front in Australia as it impairs mainly the night vision. The dealer put it on the front of my car when I bought it and two years later we had to scrape it off as it bubbled so badly you couldn't see through it. The tint on the other windows was fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived