Extension of stay tourist visa

Hi!

I am a 30+ Swedish guy who is on a 30 days tourist visa on arrival and have some questions.

1. If I want to extend my stay in the kingdom, do they count from the day that my permit to stay expire in the passport or do they count my new 30 days from the day that I visit the immigration office?

2. If they count from the last day that I am permitted to stay how many days before can I be at the immigration office?

3. After having my one month visa on arrival and after that extended with another 30 days at immigration, can I make any further extensions at the immigration office? (I heard that I can get another 7 days for a 1900 baht fee) or do I have to leave the country?

Thanks in advance!

1. Day 1 of the 30 day extension would be the day after your current stay ends regardless of how early you apply.
  2. Most offices should let you apply within the last couple of weeks. You might be able to apply earlier but It'll  depend on the office.
  3. There is no 7 day extension. If you apply for another extension it will be declined and they should give you 7 days to leave the country.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

@elviajero, Thank you!

I would need to stay at least until July. Therefore I wonder.

1.If I cross the land border will I then get a 30 days visa on arrival at the land border?

2. Can I just cross the border or do I have to stay overnight in Cambodia in order to be able to get back in to Thailand with a new visa?

3. If I get a visa at the land border, is it also extendable for 30 days at the immigration office?

Edited by 12Gon

41 minutes ago, 12Gon said:

@elviajero, Thank you!

I would need to stay at least until July. Therefore I wonder.

1.If I cross the land border will I then get a 30 days visa on arrival at the land border?

2. Can I just cross the border or do I have to stay overnight in Cambodia in order to be able to get back in to Thailand with a new visa?

3. If I get a visa at the land border, is it also extendable for 30 days at the immigration office?

1. No. You would get a 30 day visa exempt entry (no visa). You are limited to two per year by land.
  2. Most of the main border crossings allow you to leave and immediately re-enter. It's best to get up to date advice nearer the time about which crossings to avoid/use.
  3. Yes, any visa exempt entry is extendable by 30 days.

You could go to Laos for a tourist visa that would give you 60 days on entry that can be exteded by a further 30 days if necessary. You'd need to stay one night to get the visa.

• Like 1