Video shows foreign-looking man robbing Singaporean tourists

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Old, Beer belly, Baseball cap trying to look young.

Must be American  ??

Nah, probably from some inconsequential English speaking commonwealth country on his way to an afternoon on his butt in a Tommy pub.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

pacsafe are the best anti theft  bags

pacsafe are useless as they do not ship to Thailand. I only use true American companies who are universal shippers.

Agree pacsafe are good but try LocTote as well.

6 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:
1 hour ago, seancbk said:

pacsafe are the best anti theft  bags

pacsafe are useless as they do not ship to Thailand. I only use true American companies who are universal shippers.

Agree pacsafe are good but try LocTote as well.

Pacsafe is an Australian owned business. 

They have a Pacsafe Thailand Facebook page and there is an agent here so you can buy online in Thailand.   Amazing what you can find if you use Google.

Loctote have one style of bag that frankly looks pretty basic, whereas Pacsafe have an entire range of products for different uses  (not sure that they are all available here In Thailand though).

Singapore tourists should have known better. I had to replace all personal documents in my home country as a result of an in home theft. I would hate to have to do this in a foreign country. 

But all the same, sad for the tourists that they must go through this because of that scumbag. 

I can only imagine the high pitched screams on this Forum if the guy had a brown skin and arabic looks ... But no, he looks like your regular bar cowboy, the average sugar daddy retired expat with a beer paunch that sits on his high stool for hours sharing the same Thai-bashing stories night after night with his bar friends ... my oh my, if would-be victims become full blown bandits, what is this world coming to ... :shock1:

Edited by Yann55

Looks to me that he is Eastern European polish rumanian or a russian....this people are a pain in the ass wherever they go stealing and cheating their way to get through...hope they catch this <deleted> and put him behind Bars 10 y + ( that's on Theft in Thailand )

What surprises me is that the waiter in the black shirt misses it.

He is looking right at the guy as he pulls the purse from the chair.

He practically has to push him out of the way to get to the table.

5 hours ago, free123 said:

Looks to me that he is Eastern European polish rumanian or a russian....this people are a pain in the ass wherever they go stealing and cheating their way to get through...hope they catch this <deleted> and put him behind Bars 10 y + ( that's on Theft in Thailand )

Born with sticky fingers

11 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Sleeze bag. . Catch, 6 months in Thai Prison Deport for lifetime!!

6 Months after a thorough lashing and extended "WAI" including hand used to steal properly having finger nails removed using rusty pliers is needed to fill your comment between the lines which I agree with!

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, saakura said:

Looking at his big paunch, must be a regular on some bar stool.

You really are a fascist aren't you? How do you not know that today he maybe gender neutral or even a female, he may even be pregnant. Don't just assume things, he might be transgender lesbian gay baby carrying man woman neuter?

Bloody he.., It's really surprising that a "senior backpacker" who should know better in exchange of a few minutes of excitement destroys the "young backpacker's" world wide outstanding reputation built-up stone by stone throughout centuries ...;)

So many times i have seen Thais in the buffet restaurants, they leave bags and valuables at an unsupervised table while all of them wandering around at the same time getting food.  

I always make a point to stop and watch in case someone lift the stuff but i never seen it happen.

21 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

So many times i have seen Thais in the buffet restaurants, they leave bags and valuables at an unsupervised table while all of them wandering around at the same time getting food.  

I always make a point to stop and watch in case someone lift the stuff but i never seen it happen.

Good for you !

More vigilance. Less situations like this. 

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree it happens a lot and it does happen everywhere.

Years back I lost an expensive almost new camera from a compartment in a locked filing cabinet in my apartment in Bangkok and the key to the cabinet also missing.

I couldn't understand at all how it had happens until months later I bumped into a farang I thought was my best buddy from work with his Thai gf, he had been to my apartment many times.

We sat down to have a snack and his gf pulled an expensive camera out of her bag, my camera which I could prove because of a small scuff mark. Questions to the lady indicated it was a gift from bf and also indicated she knew nothing about it's origins.  

The lady went walking around and I accused the farang of stealing my camera and he admitted it, his excuse was that he wanted to make his gf happy.

He insisted he would reimburse me in several payments over the next few months. Never got one payment, end of friendship. And I became much more vigilant about my property.

Yep I knew a couple like that, but they today are still getting away with it today. It helps when your family are police and the attorney at a BK Court is your best friend.

12 hours ago, bamukloy said:

So have I, but this time it was not thais. Neither was the valubles on a unsupervised table so I do not quite see the connection...??...

Its a bit sad but I daresay the singaporeans might be complicit in this crime.

you see, singapore is so safe that you can actually leave your bag at an outdoor cafe table with your mobile on the table and go for a dump…and when you return there it will be.

Creates a false sense of security which they find hard to deactivate once they go overseas.

10 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

you see, singapore is so safe that you can actually leave your bag at an outdoor cafe table with your mobile on the table and go for a dump…and when you return there it will be.

Creates a false sense of security which they find hard to deactivate once they go overseas.

There was a similar time also in Thailand, but way back....You can still experience it in Thailand, but very seldom in touristic spots...

11 minutes ago, ttrd said:

So have I, but this time it was not thais. Neither was the valubles on a unsupervised table so I do not quite see the connection...??...

My point that people either are to trusting, dont take due care, or just spend most of their time in la-la land. Especially Thais when theres the distraction of food.

And then this is what happens as the smart thiefs know when to strike

And it happen to every nationality just chance and opportunity this case was with farangs.

I do admit tho, i do take A LOT more care than when i am at the tourist area or the place with many farang.

Never have worry to much when in country or suburbia Thailand but still keep on guard.

36 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I can t understand how anyone anywhere anytime is silly enough to do that.

Why laying any temptation in front of any would be thief?  

off topic also but your comment remind me of an ex many years ago..

She was to get work done on her car, so im taking the small change out of the console and anything else i see before she goes.

She saw me doing that and blew me up saying 'you think all Thais are thiefs' and ranted on very angrly about farangs think all Thais bad.

Then some time later she is looking everywhere for an MP3 player (at those times was quite expensive)

when finally she realise she left it in the glove box of the car.

Mechanic say they never saw it and she never found it again.lol