More than 57,000 Thais currently on overstay in South Korea

webfact

2 hours ago, oceanyachting said:

Ah OK - you mean visa exempt entry. I didn't know that, thanks. I will inform any visitors I have

I guess it doesn't have to be in THB then?

A strange requirement when many of the world's governments are edging towards enforcing a cashless society

There is some 40 years (or so) old law which requires you to have 20k thb or equivalent in a different currency... 40k if family

It isn't really enforced, unless you get an idiot immi officer who then can send you back home because of that. Even on this site, if you search bit, you can find stories of people who were unlucky. They could have take the money from an atm at the airport but the dickinsons wouldn't let them.

4 minutes ago, 11223344 said:

There is some 40 years (or so) old law which requires you to have 20k thb or equivalent in a different currency... 40k if family

It isn't really enforced, unless you get an idiot immi officer who then can send you back home because of that. Even on this site, if you search bit, you can find stories of people who were unlucky. They could have take the money from an atm at the airport but the dickinsons wouldn't let them.

As I received your reply I'm watching television with the PM saying how much they want Thais to understand democracy and contribute to his junta

Korea Should adopt a reciprocal law i.e.:-

Foreigner cannot own a business 100% (in most cases)

Foreigner cannot own land (in most cases)

Foreigner can only have 30 year lease

Foreigner must comply to the FBA

Many jobs reserved only for Koreans

Foreigner must report every 90 days

Foreigner must pay double prices because they are foreigners

Entry to parks, temples and other tourist attractions, Thais must pay higher prices than foreigners

Foreigner must go through many hoops even to be considered for residency

Foreigner must learn Korean

Foreigner must respect the culture of Korea

... and much much more !

These people will eventually come back to Thailand, or get caught eventualy , in Europe there

are all those refugees, that arrive every day, I don't think South Korea has a problem with Thai women or

men in their country as cheap labor, or working in the entertainment areas of Koreas cities. Not like the refugees

in Europe with all their baggage.