rooster59

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Naam said:

within the last 10 years i have bought three imports, two vintage ones and a new one. having a small problem registering one of the vintage imports i made sure to get correct documentation for the new grey import. it did not take more than a few minutes to check wether the reported price on the customs document tallied with the dealer price in the country of origin ex VAT plus freight and insurance. i also think that somebody who buys a Lamborghini knows bloody well that $105k for the cheapest model is not kosher. 

It may be kosher if it needs a new engine, 3 quarter panels and a front clip when it hits Thailand...  

Remember, Niche Car Group (from the OP) is the used car division of their long standing company.

It has declared the lower price so as to avoid paying 328 per-cent tax rate

I think I see what the problem is - a 328% tax rate is insane.

This tax rate is so retarded it's almost unbelievable. It should be scrapped immediately.

If the import taxes were set at realistic level there would be no need to circumvent the system, its not as though these high end car imports would have any effect on the local auto industry.

Nothing to do with harming the local industry, all to do with a nice rake off, thank you very much.

8 minutes ago, bheard said:

Nothing to do with harming the local industry, all to do with a nice rake off, thank you very much.

To my knowledge import taxes on vehicles are to protect the local industry but given there is no high end car made here (the like of Mercedes/BMW etc etc had to set up here CKD to avoid taxes) the actual local industry is not affected.

People looking to buy a million baht Toyota/Mazda/Ford/Chev were never in the market for a 10 million + car.

While the rest of the developed world looked on and did nothing about the 000's of documents showing prominent people and businesses and people avoiding tax here we are bleating about derisory car tax amounts in thailand.

Spot the hypocrites

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I think I see what the problem is - a 328% tax rate is insane.

This tax rate is so retarded it's almost unbelievable. It should be scrapped immediately.

easy to circumvent by riding a second hand Honda Click. nobody is forced to buy a luxury car and pay millions of import duties.

1 hour ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Should be closer to 200%, I'm sure.

little do you know :smile:

How A $17,000 Mitsubishi Becomes $104,000
OMV $16,991
COE (Cat B) $46,502
Basic Cost (Inclusive of $140 registration fee) $85,450
Dealer's Margin $18,799 (22%)
Final Sale Price $103,999

11 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Property resales are being under declared for tax purposes. Will Thailand go next after foreigners who sold and purchased property. Seems like a very easy thing to do.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think there are more Thais than foreigners selling property and declaring undervalued, so may be they could start there.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

You do understand the difference between price and value, don't you? A tax never increase value of anything.

I reckon the 328% tax more than doubles the vehicles value.

if the cost here is 20 million i do not see how the value of a lesser amount  comes into it.

23 minutes ago, Naam said:

easy to circumvent by riding a second hand Honda Click. nobody is forced to buy a luxury car and pay millions of import duties.

You're right but it's still price gouging by the government though.

When bottled water is in short supply due to flooding, or some other disaster the stores who have it in stock increase the price, this is also price gouging, something that the government does not like and takes action against it when they see it happening, yet they do it themselves.

Edited by ukrules

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

if the cost here is 20 million i do not see how the value of a lesser amount  comes into it.

Try this one, and this is the end of the discussion for me, because we all know that as always you will never let this go even if you're proven wrong over and over again.

http://keydifferences.com/difference-between-price-cost-and-value.html

Just now, janclaes47 said:

Try this one, and this is the end of the discussion for me, because we all know that as always you will never let this go even if you're proven wrong over and over again.

http://keydifferences.com/difference-between-price-cost-and-value.html

I dont need to look at your link as the price is the price, value has no say in the matter.

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Then why you posted that the tax increase the value with more than 200%?

Only you mentioned the word value.

Can you afford some tissue to dry your eye or  should I start a gofundme  page ?

Also look at the port police.  My half container of household goods from the USA required an 'inspection' for 20,000 BT.  The cargo company negotiated it to 9,000 and paid the guy cash, in the pocket, out in the container yard.  If it were legit, there would be no negotiation as to the amount.

8 hours ago, clockman said:

Customs department, second most corrupt, Never investigated, Must have powerful friends?

Which reminds me. Whatever happened to the blue buses? Customs Department still waiting for the envelopes?

As for second most corrupt on the leader board I think it is a toss up between Customs and Education.

328 per-cent tax rate

300% on a bottle of wine

Free Trade agreements on the other side of the world need to see 300% on all imports including rice from certain country's, that will change thing quickly

But I guess you would soon hear

But But We are a 3rd world country excuse.

3rd world country's do not have that many Lambo's lying about do they.

Just buy a local car no problems. 

Many people only buy a car to show off to other people and the roads in Thailand are not friendly to those cars. 

We and i mean all the Farangs don`t have any status in Thailand and we don`t need.

15590351_10211381706566454_6190160450118869925_n.jpg