How to register for a business name in Thailand?

Not sure if I'm addressing your question. I have had 5 "companies" here, two presently. 

I simply went into an accountants office for 2 of them, an Estate Agents for two and a Lawyers office for the other one.

Prices varied from 25,000 down to 15.000 Bt.

They were for the purpose of buying a house....the price depended on the value of the property....the capitol in the company.

The Ministry of Commerce operates the "Department of Business Development" or DBD. There you register the name you want as well as two alternative substitutes. They check if the name is registered or not, if not then you can have it and must register it officially within 45 days - otherwise the name will be freed again. The whole thing goes at a nominal fee and can be done by yourself.

This is about registering a name and not the business (Co., Ltd. or Limited Partnership); that procedure is different and also costs fees according to the registered capital of the business. 

If you're in Pattaya, the office is at GPS: 12.99747  100.92824, take ID along and some patience. More information on phone 1570 - or browse through their website at: http://www.dbd.go.th/dbdweb_en/main.php?filename=index

To my knowledge you shall register a company limited (co. ltd.) – as others have already mentioned – a lawyer, or accountant, can do it for you; costs is from about 25,000 baht, plus/minus.

Wish you good luck...:smile:

Hi again,,

I will explain why I need a business name and how to use it, this may help to get the point directly and is any relevant answers,

I need this name to re-active my profile on Alibaba, B2B platform, their new policies you must be a registered business name, or as they call it commercial name, and they will verify this online and provide them scanned copies of the registry document, or license, something like that,

So what I need simply is to register to obtain a business name that being legally registered and verified, for online purpose and to be approved, I am not sure about the taxes or other liabilities with this,

for Thai partner I can use my kids or my partner, no any issue with this point, 

Any idea about this kind of licenses?

thanks.

3 minutes ago, mixmediana said:

Hi again,,

I will explain why I need a business name and how to use it, this may help to get the point directly and is any relevant answers,

I need this name to re-active my profile on Alibaba, B2B platform, their new policies you must be a registered business name, or as they call it commercial name, and they will verify this online and provide them scanned copies of the registry document, or license, something like that,

So what I need simply is to register to obtain a business name that being legally registered and verified, for online purpose and to be approved, I am not sure about the taxes or other liabilities with this,

for Thai partner I can use my kids or my partner, no any issue with this point, 

Any idea about this kind of licenses?

thanks.

So you need a registration in a Thai name ? Why not printing it online ?

I found this:

Edited by bangkokairportlink

21 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The Ministry of Commerce operates the "Department of Business Development" or DBD. There you register the name you want as well as two alternative substitutes. They check if the name is registered or not, if not then you can have it and must register it officially within 45 days - otherwise the name will be freed again. The whole thing goes at a nominal fee and can be done by yourself.

This is about registering a name and not the business (Co., Ltd. or Limited Partnership); that procedure is different and also costs fees according to the registered capital of the business. 

If you're in Pattaya, the office is at GPS: 12.99747  100.92824, take ID along and some patience. More information on phone 1570 - or browse through their website at: http://www.dbd.go.th/dbdweb_en/main.php?filename=index

Thank you for this. It answers everything.

On 5/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, Sydebolle said:

The OP needs to register a business, not a name, a name won't be enough for alibaba, of course.

18 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

The OP needs to register a business, not a name, a name won't be enough for alibaba, of course.

Read my answer and then click on the link - will be sufficient for Alibaba, trust me ;-) 

17 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Thank you, and how much does it costs ? 

Check with the DBP directly; apart from standard fees (registration of name, documentation issuances etc.) the fees vary depending on the capital you register. A THB 2 million company hovers around THB 15'000, all in, of which approx. THB 6'000 are the stamp fees for the registered capital per THB 1 million. But, as said, for binding information get in touch with the DBP via mail or call them. Good luck! 

Can I, as a foreigner residing here without a work permit, register a business 'name' but my fiance is the registered owner of the actual business. I am thinking of this as some security for myself in the event of a break-up.