Jump to content

Officials raid Phuket Central Festival IT shops, net 2mn in counterfeit goods


rooster59

Recommended Posts

Officials raid Phuket Central Festival IT shops, net 2mn in counterfeit goods 

Eakkapop Thongtub

 

1495264668_1-org.jpg

 

PHUKET: Officials have continued a series of raids on stores selling counterfeit goods, this time at Central Festival, where they seized 524 illegal items with an estimated street value of more than B2 million.

 

Yesterday (May 19) officers led by Maj Adichart Amornpradit from the Economic Crime Suppression Division (ECD) together with officers from Department of Intellectual Property raided and seized illegal counterfeit items at the IT zone in the second floor of Central Festival in Wichit.

 

According to a police report, 11 shops were raided including Panhya shop, OA shop, Nice shop, Soni Ericson shop, Naza Phone shop, Sawasdee shop, Phuket Unlock shop, At One shop, OIL Mobile shop, I Mobile shop and PK shop.

 

Most of the counterfeit items seized are mobile phone cases imprinted with fake brand names such as Louis Vuitton, Channal, Gucci, and MCM. Other items are fake Beats and JBL headphones, fake apple chargers, fake JBL and Boss loudspeakers.


Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/officials-raid-phuket-central-festival-it-shops-net-2mn-in-counterfeit-goods-62232.php#QgxT4OQJOxbB3Yq0.97

 

 

 
tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-21

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes the Red Bull heir should be a top priority and so should the Benz driver who killed the 2 students and now there is a BMW driver who will try and use influential people to get out of his speeding causing death charge  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

Nothing more urgent to do?Aren't there murderers to catch? People to protect? Get the Red Bull?

Agree, all police should stop doing their work until the Red Bull case is concluded.

No more cops doing traffic, no investigating other crimes, no roadblocks for drunk driving.

Crime will go rampant for a few days or months, but the Red Bull case has top priority....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

Nothing more urgent to do?Aren't there murderers to catch? People to protect? Get the Red Bull?

Cops do nothing- Thaigeezers moan. Cops DO something- Thaigeezers moan.

 

Not sure why the cops in Phuket would be hunting down Mr Red Bull or is there something you are not telling us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, balo said:

Good job , get rid of all the copies , only problem is it will be back next month . 

 

 

Those exact copies from those bags will be on sale at many policemen mia noi shops.

Edited by LivinginKata
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And this from the Phuket Gazette.............

 

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Ten-arrested-B20mn-merchandise-confiscated-Phuket-raid/66607#ad-image-1

PHUKET: Ten vendors were arrested and 20 million baht worth of counterfeit merchandise was confiscated in Patong Thursday night.

 

Maj Suriyan Petchchuay of Patong Police provided details of the raid to Phuket Gazette reporters.

 

“Following complaints by the Department of Intellectual Property in Bangkok, officials from the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) and Patong Police inspected shops on Thaweewong Road. The area is called ‘Notorious Market’ as it is full of pirated goods,” enthused Maj Suriyan.

 

 

 

This is so dumb, however the powers that be just cannot see how stupid they are in continuing with this charade, because I do believe they think that they are fooling everybody; arresting migrant workers for selling pirated goods as if the migrant workers actually bought the things in the first place. The owners of the shops bought the goods so they should be prosecuted, but they won't be.

 

Let me tell you how it works...........these products are imported from overseas and the necessary folk are paid upwards of 1 million baht to turn a blind eye. They are then sold to the owners of the shops and these owners also have to pay tea money to you know who.

 

When these shops get raided and the goods are taken, the shop owners have to buy again from the importer who imports another batch from overseas thereby completing the tea money cycle because both he and the shop owners have to pay again..........and raids like this serve two purposes, one to let the dumb folk around the place believe that the law are doing their job and two, to ensure the ongoing supply of tea money.

 

The more they "crackdown on vendors who sell illegal goods" the more money they make. Corruption rules here.

 

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Nothing more urgent to do?Aren't there murderers to catch? People to protect? Get the Red Bull?

They really have had a bee in their bonnet of late on fake goods especially electronics. Most of the DVD vendors in my area are gone. The overpriced $10,000 a bag status symbol people must really be walking up and down their back or shelling out bahts. If they kill the fake goods market there goes the GDP down the crapper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

And this from the Phuket Gazette.............

 

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Ten-arrested-B20mn-merchandise-confiscated-Phuket-raid/66607#ad-image-1

PHUKET: Ten vendors were arrested and 20 million baht worth of counterfeit merchandise was confiscated in Patong Thursday night.

 

Maj Suriyan Petchchuay of Patong Police provided details of the raid to Phuket Gazette reporters.

 

“Following complaints by the Department of Intellectual Property in Bangkok, officials from the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) and Patong Police inspected shops on Thaweewong Road. The area is called ‘Notorious Market’ as it is full of pirated goods,” enthused Maj Suriyan.

 

 

 

This is so dumb, however the powers that be just cannot see how stupid they are in continuing with this charade, because I do believe they think that they are fooling everybody; arresting migrant workers for selling pirated goods as if the migrant workers actually bought the things in the first place. The owners of the shops bought the goods so they should be prosecuted, but they won't be.

 

Let me tell you how it works...........these products are imported from overseas and the necessary folk are paid upwards of 1 million baht to turn a blind eye. They are then sold to the owners of the shops and these owners also have to pay tea money to you know who.

 

When these shops get raided and the goods are taken, the shop owners have to buy again from the importer who imports another batch from overseas thereby completing the tea money cycle because both he and the shop owners have to pay again..........and raids like this serve two purposes, one to let the dumb folk around the place believe that the law are doing their job and two, to ensure the ongoing supply of tea money.

 

The more they "crackdown on vendors who sell illegal goods" the more money they make. Corruption rules here.

 

Also you are nominee for Darwin Award:clap2:

Much blabla, but Fact is, also the Seller know they sell counterfied Products.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Also you are nominee for Darwin Award:clap2:

Much blabla, but Fact is, also the Seller know they sell counterfied Products.

You missed the point I'm afraid, so perhaps the Darwin Award should be yours!

 

Of course the seller knows they are counterfeit goods, as does the importer and as do the poor minions working in the shops and my post was not about this, but about how the merry-go-round is allowed to go on for the benefit of the powers that be.

 

Got it now??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

hose exact copies from those bags will be on sale at many policemen mia noi shops.

 

I understand your trust in the police in Thailand is at its minimum and will always be, but the Bangkok police were involved in this raid , the military is watching  and I believe it when they say they want to clean up the corruption going on in this country., if it works in Phuket is another matter, , some police officers need to retire early I guess. 

 

Edited by balo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You missed the point I'm afraid, so perhaps the Darwin Award should be yours!

 

Of course the seller knows they are counterfeit goods, as does the importer and as do the poor minions working in the shops and my post was not about this, but about how the merry-go-round is allowed to go on for the benefit of the powers that be.

 

Got it now??

 

But lets just award him a fake one at this stage. The original requires stupidity of the highest level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Agree, all police should stop doing their work until the Red Bull case is concluded.

No more cops doing traffic, no investigating other crimes, no roadblocks for drunk driving.

Crime will go rampant for a few days or months, but the Red Bull case has top priority....

Excellent post.

The unhappyistas will be seething

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...