Late Post?

huangnon

Having serious delays in receiving recent post and parcels sent to our home address in Banchang.

I'm getting phone bills (or not getting, as the case may be) for example, after my line has already been cut off for non-payment.

Anyone know what's going on here? This a local (Banchang) phenomenon, or more widespread?

Edited by huangnon

A few months ago I was told by our mailman that they have a lack of people in Banchang so each mailman have to do several districts which delay the mail delivery. Not sure if this is still the case.

Edited by C5VETTE

Same here, Payoon area. I haven't had mail for a month, except an EMS delivery the other day. I'm concerned because it's the time of year for P60s, and I don't normally do my tax return until I  get them.

I did notice, when I went up to the Post Office last Friday to post a couple of letters, a large queue into the little side office where you go to pick up registered mail or stuff that has to be paid for. I wondered if they were there to pick up their backlog. If that's possible, I might well join them soon.

I suspect that this may be a more widespread issue across Rayong Province. For example, I had to wait over 3 weeks for my last-but-one 90-day report confirmation slip to be delivered from Maptaput, having only affixed a 5 THB stamp to the return envelope. It appeared from the various franks that it had been lying around in my local post office at Kram for almost the entire period! So I decided to affix stamps to the value of 40 THB to the return envelope for my latest report so as to enable the confirmation slip to be mailed to me by EMS.

3 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Same here, Payoon area. I haven't had mail for a month, except an EMS delivery the other day. I'm concerned because it's the time of year for P60s, and I don't normally do my tax return until I  get them.

I did notice, when I went up to the Post Office last Friday to post a couple of letters, a large queue into the little side office where you go to pick up registered mail or stuff that has to be paid for. I wondered if they were there to pick up their backlog. If that's possible, I might well join them soon.

Well waddya know? Within an hour of writing that, postie delivered! - a dozen items, going back weeks. So I suppose I needn't expect to see any more until this time next month.