Sri Racha - Certificate of Residence

Sri Racha Immigration informed me I can only obtain a certificate of residence (to register a vehicle) from Jomtien Immigration. It would therefore be reasonable to assume Sri Racha Immigration is no longer issuing certificates of residence and the process is dealt with at the other Chonburi immigration office (Jomtien). The little room they used to use for it at Sri Racha is now off limits.

Of course, like any information from immigration, it could be inaccurate, dependent on the mood of the officer or the weather or simply change at a moment's notice.

I hope this saves somebody a wasted trip.

And to just put some flesh on the bones of the solution. I did indeed "go to Pattaya [Jomtien sic.]" as I was told where I received a certificate of residence in under half an hour with no fuss in exchange for 300 Baht.

A friend of mine was told the same at Si Racha in February this year. No more residence applications from there. All applications in future would be dealt with at Jomtien. At Jomtien he said that, although Jomtien was extremely busy in general, his residence application was dealt with very quickly and efficiently. 

2 hours ago, ToddinChonburi said:

Little guy with glasses was charging 500 baht.   Maybe he got in trouble for that Lol.

Funny you should say that.

The motorbike dealer in Sri Racha was shocked I got my residence certificate for 300 Baht since she was well aware the price from Sri Racha immigration was 500 Baht.

And furthermore, at Sri Racha immigration, I was initially sent to the little guy with glasses who then told me to go to Pattaya. Perhaps if he can't charge 500 Baht, he is sulking and won't do them.

I got one at Sri Ratcha 2 years ago and it was 300 baht. Sent through to the little office on the left and a girl did it.

Certainly been a bit of a radical reorganisation there. I went yesterday for 90 day report and was in and out in less than a minute, last time it was in the external office to the right and took about an hour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

I got one at Sri Ratcha 2 years ago and it was 300 baht. Sent through to the little office on the left and a girl did it.

Certainly been a bit of a radical reorganisation there. I went yesterday for 90 day report and was in and out in less than a minute, last time it was in the external office to the right and took about an hour.

Yes, I got one from "the little office on the left", the one with the intern-looking kids, about 3 years ago. That has all gone as you say.