Cancer treatment emergency - Advice on how to return home to get treated please

music065

On 5/29/2017 at 10:09 AM, music065 said:

dddave, yes I have some military experience but from what I've read it isn't long enough to qualify. I'll recheck this though, thank you.

Prostate cancer is one of the diseases covered under the VA Agent Orange Program and you can receive your treatment here in Thailand at VA expense from what I've been told by VFW members.  To qualify you would have had to have served in Vietnam, Thailand or Korea during certain specified time periods.  There is no need to prove that Agent Orange actually caused your cancer, just that you were in certain places at certain times where Agent Orange was being used:

http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/claims-postservice-agent_orange.asp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, teddog said:

Right on post 58.

you just have no knowledge how many coffins these hospitals shove out of the side door here after midnight, no knowledge about anything,goodOK, but not bad, the reviews are worthless. seen plenty of bad results from top hospital here, lied to etc shysters in white coats, sickening when a hapless soul wonders into one and the steel trap springs.

E visa (emergency too)  $60 for 30 days India

Again what Teddog says a lot of validity

BUT it is NOT all bad here

Do not be scared off Thailand by some of what you read

I could add to the scaring off by only talking about my bad experiences, which is why I share the excellent too

Generally happiness and good news does not sell newspapers, BAD NEWS does

I had almost decided on having the treatment here in Thailand, then this talk of "bodies out the side door."  But I guess that may happen anywhere to some degree. Ah, not an easy decision. Thank you all, I am continuing to learn here. 

1 minute ago, music065 said:

I had almost decided on having the treatment here in Thailand, then this talk of "bodies out the side door."  But I guess that may happen anywhere to some degree. Ah, not an easy decision. Thank you all, I am continuing to learn here. 

No not an easy decision, as I said just before you posted do not be scared off

I am exceedingly happy I am being treated here

Keep smiling, stay happy, oh I would be so happy if I only had prostate cancer, one of the easier ones and often pretty slow growing

1 hour ago, music065 said:

Keep smiling

I am  VERY unreliably informed the tequila remedy works but it should at least make you smile 

The BEST way to drink Tequila. x1.mp4The BEST way to drink Tequila. x1.mp4

You have to keep smiling

Edited by al007

14 hours ago, Spaniel said:

Medicare Part B.    Here is my experience.      I am 73 and when I turned 65 I did not take Part B, thus saving about $96 p/m.     Last year I decided to sign up for Part B and because of the late signing penalty my monthly Part B premium is $ 205.     

That sounds correct.  2016 the part B was $121.40 for anyone new to medicare, anyone already on medicare stayed at $104.90 due to now COLA increase.  The penalty is 10% per year for each FULL year. so if it is 5 1/2 years then it is 50% penalty, not 60%. This is added to the current premium.