Panel processing political input ready to forward views to next panel to devise a ‘social contract’ for reconciliation

rooster59

Panel processing political input ready to forward views to next panel to devise a ‘social contract’ for reconciliation

By The Nation

9068ce06ca24546e3a2cf346759f536d.jpeg

File photo: Supreme Commander Gen Surapong Suwanna-art.

The committee processing political input, chaired by Gen Surapong Suwanna-art, the Supreme Commander, has already completed its work, he said on Friday. And it is ready to be forwarded to the next panel that will formulate synchronised views on a “social contract” to help reconcile division among political parties.

The government process to forge reconciliation started in February. Political factions were invited to express their views on national reconciliation. State agencies also arranged stages around the country to hear from the public in a bid to bring about harmony after over 10 years of division around the country.

Despite the effort, some anti-junta activists declared that the process had not been truly inclusive and questioned whether it would come to fruition.

Gen Surapon said his committee had categorized opinions gathered from tens of thousands of people across the country into five groups.

They are points the junta has already covered or was working on, issues that the junta will kick-start immediately, he said, that can be put in action but will take time. But some need understanding by the public to prevent possible conflict before being put to work, and others need extra study before the start.

The committee found more than 60 per cent of the views gathered had already been done or initiated by the junta, so it was confident that this effort would yield concrete results, thanks to hard work by officials.

But since more than 60 per cent of the opinions gathered reflected issues raised by the first group, Gen Surapong said agencies would work to create understanding among people on what has already been done or is being worked on.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316477

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-27

You cannot legislate people into reconciliation.

Political differences will always exist and people have the right to disagree. 

If you want to prevent these differences leading to violence, then create a functioning legal system based on justice, not privilege or wealth. 

the problem isn't making up ****new**** social contracts. 

it's how to change one particular ****existing**** one that is blocking progress. 

it is a very tall order. perhaps too tall. 
more 'education reform' isn't an answer.
it's misdirection.

it isn't supposed to change or fix anything [the endless education reforms....] because there is already a very important social contract.

I'm sorry, I worked in your system in both Thai public high schools and a Thai public university. 
I am a graduate in business and law [the USA].
I believe you need to seriously consider this.

I attended some one of the most highly regarded public school systems in New York and universities on both coasts of the USA.

meaning I know what a classroom is and what a lecture room is.

I have seen what well managed teachers and a university mean.
we all do. but I mention it [my own schooling].

I don't like making or having anything but a very positive attitude of my guest country. this topic brings me to tears, real ones. everytime.

I know what it means to have a love of learning. I cannot fathom any other kind of life, only hardly. very hardly. 

everyone knows the two words. it was a Thai priority for decades.
school decentralization.

that's a big whopper.

at the minimum.  but there is something else, possibly. what I am lessor sure of, but it may also be that teaching Pasa Thai as a 2nd language, and English as a third language, is also holding up serious progress for Thai students... because there is only so much that can be translated..... as well as soaked up, anxiously and happily, by the general population at large unless you begin to use English as a language of reading and writing at a much more serious academic level.

and decentralize the schools, because parents and community could not possibly be more interested in full engagement in anything, even their own livelihoods sometimes, than in their children and their community's children. can anyone doubt that at all?

no.

Edited by maewang99

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You cannot legislate people into reconciliation.

Political differences will always exist and people have the right to disagree. 

If you want to prevent these differences leading to violence, then create a functioning legal system based on justice, not privilege or wealth. 

or the proclaimed seizure of temporary power - someone should inform his supremeness that division between political parties is healthy and only reconciled by firstly open debate and then by votes, that's free and fair votes not a 'formulation of synchronised views'.

"love, peace and harmony, oh very nice, very nice; maybe in the next world"

the reason English is difficult to learn is that it is two languages.

a written language specialized for reading and writing. not speaking and listening.

and a spoken language for speaking and listening. 

that's why we don't spell our vowels out. it's why we have spaces between words. it's why we sometimes need to use the IPA or the Webster's Guide.... even when we are in an old age.. or especially then.... but a Thai L1 only ever needs to use Thai graphemes....... etc.

reading books and magazines..... and some web sites... usually only if they are expensive ones you have to pay for.... vies only with travel as everyone's #1 favorite leisure activity..... except in SE Asia.... and maybe the Middle East I guess.... as good generalizations.... because I don't count certain 'books' as general reading pleasure... but there is otherwise almost no limit at all.... to what most folks do read and write about.... and that is fun and worthwhile almost always.. and something we share.. reading is a social activity..... 

and it's both the what and the why for the Thai morpheme 'farlang'... I really think so. it took a little while to figure that one out... but eventually I did. in general, but we do generalize don't we? all of us. we just do. even if not consciously, as also as with just about everything else... but which also isn't limited at all unless......

and all of that stuff is directly apropro to the biggest of all social contracts that Thailand has.. the one where you are promised Civil Service status as a teacher... and there is hardly even any leeway at all for even discussing or touching on the subject of actually moving forward on school decentralization.

but 'education reform'... endlessly.

Edited by maewang99

9 hours ago, maewang99 said:

the reason English is difficult to learn is that it is two languages.

a written language specialized for reading and writing. not speaking and listening.

and a spoken language for speaking and listening. 

that's why we don't spell our vowels out. it's why we have spaces between words. it's why we sometimes need to use the IPA or the Webster's Guide.... even when we are in an old age.. or especially then.... but a Thai L1 only ever needs to use Thai graphemes....... etc.

reading books and magazines..... and some web sites... usually only if they are expensive ones you have to pay for.... vies only with travel as everyone's #1 favorite leisure activity..... except in SE Asia.... and maybe the Middle East I guess.... as good generalizations.... because I don't count certain 'books' as general reading pleasure... but there is otherwise almost no limit at all.... to what most folks do read and write about.... and that is fun and worthwhile almost always.. and something we share.. reading is a social activity..... 

and it's both the what and the why for the Thai morpheme 'farlang'... I really think so. it took a little while to figure that one out... but eventually I did. in general, but we do generalize don't we? all of us. we just do. even if not consciously, as also as with just about everything else... but which also isn't limited at all unless......

and all of that stuff is directly apropro to the biggest of all social contracts that Thailand has.. the one where you are promised Civil Service status as a teacher... and there is hardly even any leeway at all for even discussing or touching on the subject of actually moving forward on school decentralization.

but 'education reform'... endlessly.

Impresses the H*ll out of me what did he say???

I see TVF mods closed the article on the PM telling Thais to expect less freedom for greater ... erm ...security. meaning greater military control. We all know a certain author and the date of the mid 80's. A classic move. Step by step. Did you say geese?