TM30 by registered mail procedure?

On the Bangkok Imm web site http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=alienstay it says under Notification of residence for foreigners tab that TM30 form can be sent by 

• By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

However there are no details on how to do either (unlike for 90 day reports where the details for reg mail are clearly posted),. 

* Can anyone help with either the above two methods please?

Not all offices will accept the TM30 by registered mail. You would have to contact your local office to find out if they will allow it and how.

The online reporting site is down at this time (same problem as 90 day reporting online). Some offices will allow an individual to register for it but it is primarily for hotels and etc to report their guests. It requires registration to get access to the site when working.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices will allow an individual to register

Thanks for reply UbonJoe. I expected online wouldn't work so thanks for confirming.

*I was specifically interested in the Bangkok Imm office (Chaeng Wattana). Can anyone explain the registered mail process for an individual there please? Who to address the envelope to, docs to enclose etc is not explained on web site?

The whole issue has only come up because I had to do a 90 day report in another province and they wanted a TM30 for that. So if I go back to Bangkok where my home is presumably I need to do another TM30 to say I am back before trying another 90 day report or Non Imm O extention in Bangkok? I suppose many people are affected by this now TM30 are needed to do 90 day reports when holidaying around the country?

Bangkok immigration will not expect you do a new TM30 form when you return to your permanent residence.  They do not ask for TM30 forms from individuals. They only enforce it for hotels and etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Bangkok immigration will not expect you do a new TM30 form when you return to your permanent residence.  They do not ask for TM30 forms from individuals. They only enforce it for hotels and etc.

Thanks UbonJoe that is very good to know. So now I can just post the 90 day report when I return to Bangkok home without any worry.

51 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Thanks UbonJoe that is very good to know. So now I can just post the 90 day report when I return to Bangkok home without any worry.

Yes you can send it by post.

For info. TM30 report by registered mail in Bangkok is possible and easy.  We do it always that way. Use the same adress as for the 90 days report. Include an enveloppe with stamp and return adress.  About 5 days later you will receive the receipt at home

Edited by Merron
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I thought I need to submit a TM-28 when I came back from LA. since I decided to move to my girlfriends house on arrival day.

we went to Chang Wattana together. The officer told me that I do not need to submit any TM-28 now, but I need to report my new address at the time of 90 day report. The officer told my girlfriend that she is required to fill a TM-30 since I have moved to her house and he even asked her the date that I moved to her house. Then she received her receipt filled by the officer.

Edited by Foozool

• 11 months later...
On 5/27/2017 at 6:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not all offices will accept the TM30 by registered mail. You would have to contact your local office to find out if they will allow it and how.

The online reporting site is down at this time (same problem as 90 day reporting online). Some offices will allow an individual to register for it but it is primarily for hotels and etc to report their guests. It requires registration to get access to the site when working.

Is the online reporting site up now for TM30? Thanks.

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes since July of last year. 

Thanks ubonjoe. Do we need to phone them to get user name and password? I tried filling in the form with my Thai husband's details to register. After clicking save, the form disappeared and it brought me to the main page where I need to fill in user name and password. I don't know what happened. Please help. Thank you.

11 hours ago, Xiao said:

Thanks ubonjoe. Do we need to phone them to get user name and password? I tried filling in the form with my Thai husband's details to register. After clicking save, the form disappeared and it brought me to the main page where I need to fill in user name and password. I don't know what happened. Please help. Thank you.

You have to get a username and password from immigration to use the site after you do that online registration page. It is primarily for businesses to do the reporting. Info for the registration is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

Some local offices will register you as an individual if you request it from them.

Surat Thani and Phuket immigration have their own sites for individuals to register and do the reports.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xiao said:

After clicking save, the form disappeared and it brought me to the main page where I need to fill in user name and password.

Phuket local site for online TM-30 address registration was closed.
http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/notify/
This site was build because BKK head quarter site has been down for so long. But now BKK site came back. Phuket site was closed and we have to use BKK site.
https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

By the way, if you are to get ID of BKK head quarter site, you will go into get  ID page, fill up and click save icon.
If your data is all right, message “ID and initial password will be sent to you by e-mail” in Thai language will pop up. If your data is not all right, error message in Thai language will pop up.
I am not so sure of the situation. But there is a possibility that you are using pop up blocker. Please check.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to get a username and password from immigration to use the site after you do that online registration page. It is primarily for businesses to do the reporting. Info for the registration is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

Some local offices will register you as an individual if you request it from them.

Surat Thani and Phuket immigration have their own sites for individuals to register and do the reports.

Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Phuket local site for online TM-30 address registration was closed.
http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/notify/
This site was build because BKK head quarter site has been down for so long. But now BKK site came back. Phuket site was closed and we have to use BKK site.
https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

By the way, if you are to get ID of BKK head quarter site, you will go into get  ID page, fill up and click save icon.
If your data is all right, message “ID and initial password will be sent to you by e-mail” in Thai language will pop up. If your data is not all right, error message in Thai language will pop up.
I am not so sure of the situation. But there is a possibility that you are using pop up blocker. Please check.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll check.