Whats Pattaya like Nov/Dec?

mrblonde

Ive been several times before, early March, June and September and all seemed pretty quiet (both 10 years ago and last September too), whats it like in Nov and 1st week of December?  Much different?  Am planning a trip back this year and want a few days partying, but wasnt sure if its busier/quieter/warmer or wetter? 

Normally drier and cooler, very pleasant. November is the start of high season so hotel prices are higher. Flights are more expensive too, especially so round Christmas and New Year but you will be back home by then.

November and December last year were quieter than normal following the passing of the King. Normal service to be resumed this year.

2 minutes ago, Shutterbug Guy said:

Perhaps this year being wetter than last is a precursor to November and December.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I actually think this year is more of a back too normal situation afer a few drier years. I had almost forgotten what it was like to get trapped in town by rain showers.... and getting home drenched. Raining now!

I actually think this year is more of a back too normal situation afer a few drier years. I had almost forgotten what it was like to get trapped in town by rain showers.... and getting home drenched. Raining now!

You're right the past few years have been drier than average. This year however we are above average, so far.

IMG_1881.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Heaven in my opinion.  Rains are mostly done.  Some pretty good USA Thanksgiving dinners in may venues there.  I personally love Christmas there.  Very pleasant evenings. I don't do a big traditional Christian Holiday so I am quite content to be sitting out in an open air restaurant enjoying Christmas Eve Dinner buffet even at something like the Lek Hotel.  In the past they used to light the place up pretty well and the Gardens mall had big lights on it.  Has been more subdued lately.  Was always fun to see so many of the ladies wearing red. spirits were good.  I don't miss the hustle and bustle of USA christmas.