Video: Forget Thailand's country waterfalls - now you can see them in Bangkok!

webfact

Video: Forget Thailand's country waterfalls - now you can see them in Bangkok!

2am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- It is no longer necessary to go to places of natural beauty like Khao Yai or the north of Thailand to see beautiful waterfalls.

All you have to do is be in Bangkok for this year's rainy season!

And to prove the point were two videos posted online shot at a department store and a university faculty amid the heavy cyclone associated rains that hit the capital yesterday, reported Thai Rath.

The first was taken at Central World in Ratchprasong where the scene outside one of Thailand's most well known shopping centers resembled something from the natural wilds of the interior. Water was cascading down the steps in torrents and making a lake out front.

The second video was not even outside but in a stairwell at the fisheries' faculty at Kaset University in a more northern part of the

city. Here another waterfall was pouring continually down the stairs inside the building.

A picture posted by Thai Rath spoke of "Bangkok's Waterfalls".

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-31

What's going on in central world? Are the main drains jammed so the water comes out of the toilets and so in the mall?

How can there be waterfalls at the stairs? Is that always when it rains?

This area got the 4 new pumps and underground canals some years ago right? It seems they forgot to turn them on...

And why don't they dump this water straight into the klong right next to the mall?

Edited by fruitman

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

And why don't they dump this water straight into the klong right next to the mall?

Not enough room in the Klong, too many mattresses, plastic bottles, broken chairs, broken concrete.... and the sun will shine tomorrow!!!!

In Sukimvit Road a few years back. Drains clogged, water flooding the road. Everyone trying to get out of the rain, I saw a rat just sitting under a tree with people just walking by. 

As in people just walking by and not stopping to speak to the rat, take a selfie with the rat, pick up the rat to take to a BBQ?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

In Sukimvit Road a few years back. Drains clogged, water flooding the road. Everyone trying to get out of the rain, I saw a rat just sitting under a tree with people just walking by. 

What did the people walking should have done?

5 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I see rats sitting under trees every day, rain or shine. They generally wear orange sleeveless jackets, sometimes brown uniforms.

19 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Was it begging? Might have been a Cambodian rat.

I  nave been in Bangkok for a number of years and I have seen the days when Sukhumvit  road flooded routinely around Soi  34 to Soi 36

To be fair, in very heavy downpours of rain during the rainy seasons both in April and May as well as September and October, the deluge  is so strong that all the drainage methods are  at least swamped by the water volume they are supposed to handle.

The heavy torrential rain just overpowers the measures to deal with it, at least for a short period.

As the saying goes. "Man  proposes, but God  disposes".