Pattaya locals visiting magic log in droves for lottery numbers

webfact

Pattaya locals visiting magic log in droves for lottery numbers

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PATTAYA: -- Daily News reported that there was a steady stream of hopeful believers heading to Wat Huay Yai near Pattaya to get lottery numbers from a magic log.

Lottery players have heard that there have been several winners recently who have divined numbers from the bark of the giant Takhian tree log that is some 6 meters long and a meter in diameter.

Many Thais believe that such a tree is inhabited by the spirit known as "Nang Takhian" who may look kindly on you if you help her.

So to please the spirit and make merit many locals have displayed classical Thai costumes around the log in the car park of the temple.

Former Huay Yai kamnan Somwang Sawatdeemongkhon said that the log had been there about five years. It was brought to the temple by a man called "Nai Don".

Apparently the spirit of the log appeared to Nai Don in a dream and directed him to the log that was buried several meters underground about a kilometer from the temple.

The spirit had asked for his help to release her.

He found the log and dug it up and took it to the temple for the benefit of believers.

Now many believers arrive with flowers, incense and joss-sticks to pay their respects and hope for a winning number.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-31

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the log that was buried several meters underground about a kilometer from the temple.

The spirit had asked for his help to release her.

He found the log and dug it up and took it to the temple for the benefit of believers.

So a female Thai spirit lives in or on the log but has the typical Thai absence of foresight, apparently, as being covered with meters of Earth would take quite a long time.  So this daft, female Thai spirit waits, who knows how long, until she's completely buried, then decides to showcase her mystical powers by appearing in the town drunk's dream and asking for help. 

So Somchai digs this ting tong lady spirit out of the ground, and she's apparently OK with being trapped again, this time as a cheesy attraction for dolts, in a shitty town just outside Sin City.

This Thai spirit doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer, certainly not one I would want to get lotto number from. 

But the monks running the Wat are willing to go along with pretty much anything, long as the stream of idiots leave a few coins in the tray for them.  ฿   :ermm:

If one was to actually win on the two 80 baht tickets the 4 million baht ,he could plant a flower bush on his property claiming that this his third time to win (but the first time in his real name) and he did so by counting the leave on a certain side of that bush.He then charges a hundred baht per person for a 10 minute visit to the bush every day. He would be very rich soon.

20 hours ago, clockman said:

No hope for these people!

Why? 

II would have been good if you had also criticised all the other religions/ superstitions general mumbo jumbo that goes on the world. Think about the Catholic Church - the Pope seems very keen on more saints- supposedly where there is evidence of miracles ( no more bonkers that praying to spirits within a log). You can't get more strange than the Mormons- aliens indeed! 

I have seen these logs in many places- with flowers and sometimes many model animals surrounding them.  

Personaly I feel this sort of thing adds to the experience of living in the country- it does nobody any harm. 

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

Why? 

II would have been good if you had also criticised all the other religions/ superstitions general mumbo jumbo that goes on the world. Think about the Catholic Church - the Pope seems very keen on more saints- supposedly where there is evidence of miracles ( no more bonkers that praying to spirits within a log). You can't get more strange than the Mormons- aliens indeed! 

I have seen these logs in many places- with flowers and sometimes many model animals surrounding them.  

Personaly I feel this sort of thing adds to the experience of living in the country- it does nobody any harm. 

If you are saying that religions/superstitions do no harm then you must have led a very sheltered existence.  On a micro level, by enticing people to gamble this log superstition is not harmless.

On 6/1/2017 at 8:37 AM, Juan B Tong said:

Magic log, magic log, grant my wish and I will bring you dying flowers and red sodas.  I misread this at first and thought it was magic frog.  

Next week frog

On 5/31/2017 at 6:05 AM, 55Jay said:

So a female Thai spirit lives in or on the log but has the typical Thai absence of foresight, apparently, as being covered with meters of Earth would take quite a long time.  So this daft, female Thai spirit waits, who knows how long, until she's completely buried, then decides to showcase her mystical powers by appearing in the town drunk's dream and asking for help. 

So Somchai digs this ting tong lady spirit out of the ground, and she's apparently OK with being trapped again, this time as a cheesy attraction for dolts, in a shitty town just outside Sin City.

This Thai spirit doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer, certainly not one I would want to get lotto number from. 

But the monks running the Wat are willing to go along with pretty much anything, long as the stream of idiots leave a few coins in the tray for them.  ฿   :ermm:

If they lose, they must run out and get 5 lines of superstition tattooed on their back and return in two weeks.