Chili ? Con Carne Not The Pepper !

terrymor66

Hey does anyone know where I could buy some good ole' canned Chili con carne ? I know I can buy the ingredients and make my own, but sometimes you just get that craving and want to open up a can. May sound silly to some, but it's one of the foods I miss.

Would also like to see an answer to that. Used to be able to get them (Hormel) at tops and tesco lotus then they stopped stocking them about a year ago. I still look for it everytime I go shopping with the hopes they re-stock. Checked Rimping recently with no luck there either. Several months ago did find Chili Beans and put some spices and hamburger meat and came out fine. But now those arent't stocked either. Know what you mean, I miss it too.

I know you metioned cooking your own. I think thats the best bet. Chilli in a can. Good. Home cooked chilli! By myself. ######ing fantastic. :o

Chili in a can tastes like dog food.

Get yourself a big pot and a simple recipe and make a big batch. Then, freeze small portions in plastic containers. I make about a batch every other week, I even grow my own chili peppers and import a few key ingredients from the US. Go on, you can do it.

Get yourself a big pot and a simple recipe and make a big batch. Then, freeze small portions in plastic containers. I make about a batch every other week, I even grow my own chili peppers and import a few key ingredients from the US. Go on, you can do it.

A recipe. freeze in portions in the Tesco type plastic containers. Defrosting takes about 6 hours naturally in Thailand or 25 to 30 mins in the microwave.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...t=0#entry675242

I will be supplying frozen Chili from about the second week of the new year. It will be available, as with my sauces, at Aden, Dacheso and Kasem stores as well as my home address.

The recipe contains no meat, so you can add your own. (It is just the beans in the spicy sauce. ) To add meat, simply take about 300 grammes of minced meat, fry in a little oil and, when cooked, tip in a defrosted pot of chilli and heat through. You can add additional ground chillies to the meat, to spice it up, if you wish or eat it as a vegetarian dish as is.

If anybody is desperate now, I have some pots available at home... Just don't have any labels yet!

I will be supplying frozen Chili from about the second week of the new year. It will be available, as with my sauces, at Aden, Dacheso and Kasem stores as well as my home address.

Well I suppose it won't Kill me to wait a couple weeks more. I have a Kasem shop down the street on Nimmanhaemin. I will keep an eye open for it !

Chuckwagon Extra Beefy, its piquant smokey flavor is hard to beat; or so my dog tells me.

I always thought it more to the taste of Alpo, but I can't find that either ! lol

My father make some of the BEst Cilli Samba Chilli paste .. i ever ate ..

Is very spicy and is made from prawn and garlic . as well as many herba mix ..

when i was young i used to eat like 2 big bowl of rice with justthe chilli paste alone ..

man i hate getting old .. and my stomach can;t handle chilli that well anymore without give me some gastic pain ..

but i still miss those good old days .

. remind me some some of the best BBQ sauce . i ate in japan ..

P1P hm.. seem like we have some common i felt it .

What kind of microwave do you have? A steam powered one!

I always use the microwave at the lowest setting for defrosting. Once it has defrosted add a little water if necessary, then bang it up to half power to get it very hot.

Slowly, slowly, catch a monkey.