Salt distributed free

bluesofa

Firstly, I hope I have the correct forum for this question. I'm sure a mod will move it if I've posted here in error.

Just now someone came to our door and handed me two one-kilogram packs of salt. She said it was from the health centre. I asked my wife about it later, who told me the local council distribute it (annually?) per household, as a source of iodine.

It struck me as odd, as in Europe the move is away from added salt. Although having said that, I'm sure in Europe they must use a lot more than in Thailand, with fish sauce being more prevalent here.

Has anyone else come across this before?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-3 at 10:15 AM, meatboy said:

my wife is a volunteer for our health center and she gives out salt when its available.

do check the use by dates.

lol what! Why the hell would the health department be giving out free salt to people? Are they promoting heart attacks?

Just now, bbi1 said:

lol what! Why the hell would the health department be giving out free salt to people? Are they promoting heart attacks?

You clearly haven't eaten enough salt yet, otherwise you would know that some Thai minister not so long ago said that the IQ from Thai children was so low because they didn't consume enough iodine.

He continued with suggesting that they should eat more salt.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

You clearly haven't eaten enough salt yet, otherwise you would know that some Thai minister not so long ago said that the IQ from Thai children was so low because they didn't consume enough iodine.

He continued with suggesting that they should eat more salt.

I think they need to consume a lot more sugar too. They haven't consumed enough salt & sugar, that's exactly why Thailand is not among the world's top universities:

Archived