Surin elephant round-up/festival 2017 date

mrblonde

After searching misc. sources I am confident that the core days will be Nov 18 and 19, 2017 (Sat, Sun).

I can't tell what will happen in the two days before (16, 17).

It's a bad joke that I can not find it on the official Thai tourism website :bah:

Thanks KhunBENQ, i did read somewhere it was mid November but couldnt find the page again.  We will probably being flying into Buriram from BKK, staying in either Buriram for 4 days and travelling to the festival, or staying in Surin for the duration, any recommendations?

Also, is there a better internal airline, seen flights with both Nok and Air Asia, again, am after peoples preferences

19 hours ago, mrblonde said:

Thanks KhunBENQ, i did read somewhere it was mid November but couldnt find the page again.  We will probably being flying into Buriram from BKK, staying in either Buriram for 4 days and travelling to the festival, or staying in Surin for the duration, any recommendations?

Also, is there a better internal airline, seen flights with both Nok and Air Asia, again, am after peoples preferences

Air asia is the better option for sure. The NCA bus from bkk is good as well. 

2 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

Air asia is the better option for sure. The NCA bus from bkk is good as well. 

Thanks gh, gf had a bad experience on a coach in the UK as a youngster, so isnt a fan of bus/coach travel in the UK, let alone in Thailand! We got a taxi last year from BKK to Ayutthaya and the driver was either beyond tired, or on something and she was a bag of nerves the whole way!   Kind of limits our travelling around LOS, am hoping shes a bit better away from the 3 and 4 lanes of motorway and taxis are a little slower once away from the main cities?

• 3 months later...
On 06/06/2017 at 11:19 PM, mrblonde said:

Thanks gh, gf had a bad experience on a coach in the UK as a youngster, so isnt a fan of bus/coach travel in the UK, let alone in Thailand! We got a taxi last year from BKK to Ayutthaya and the driver was either beyond tired, or on something and she was a bag of nerves the whole way!   Kind of limits our travelling around LOS, am hoping shes a bit better away from the 3 and 4 lanes of motorway and taxis are a little slower once away from the main cities?

I travel by air , taxi and bus to and around Issan for all the major festivals and have a great time. I'll be going to Surin for the elephant festival this year. Although hotels maybe in short supply dont be fussy and you'll be fine. Although not in Issan I can commend the Monkey feast in Loburi. To get information about regional festivals you need to research deeper than the online TAT but their offices are usually very good. Happy trails...BTW ..try to arrive at least a day early..

This due to Thailand morning for His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadel. These dates may change. Check with..

TOURISM AUTHORITY OF THAILAND, SURIN OFFICE

Area of Responsibility :
Surin, Buri Ram

Address :
355/3-6 Thessaban Road 1, Tambon Nai Muang , Amphoe Muang, Surin 32000 

TEL
+66 4451 4447-8

FAX
+66 4451 8530

E-MAIL ADDRESS
[email protected]  

WEBSITE
http://www.tourismthailand.org/surin

19 hours ago, The manic said:

I travel by air , taxi and bus to and around Issan for all the major festivals and have a great time. I'll be going to Surin for the elephant festival this year. Although hotels maybe in short supply dont be fussy and you'll be fine. Although not in Issan I can commend the Monkey feast in Loburi. To get information about regional festivals you need to research deeper than the online TAT but their offices are usually very good. Happy trails...BTW ..try to arrive at least a day early..

Thanks manic, we are flying into Buriram airport on the Friday, and staying on the outskirts of buriram in Cresco (near the football ground I think) for 5 days.  Im planing to hire a moped/scooter to travel to Surin for the festival, for either the Saturday or both days.  I've survived Pattaya many times on moped so know what to expect on the roads :)

Edited by mrblonde