Supercar importer to sue DSI for damages to his business

webfact

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The law enforcement agencies here really needs to have protocol. Can't just keep making it up as they go along. That's just lawless and sets terrible examples to the public. 

Well, there basically is no rule of law in Thailand except whoever is ruling, makes the laws.  The coup people took over and are making it up as they go along.  Further down the chain, the process for remediation, civil law suits, etc.  is highly suspect since the military is in charge.

13 hours ago, snowgard said:

If I understanded it right some importers of supercars have a agreement with the customs that they can show the supercars in their showrooms and pay the tax first after they sold the cars.

But I am not sure.

In that case it's worth it for them and their customer to make a lower price on the receipt, which of course they wouldn't do.

That wouldn't be a watertight taxsystem but hey nothing is watertight in thailand.

The root of the problems is as usual  TAX.        If the tax regime on imports to Thailand was reciprocated properly in the countries that except exports from Thailand then perhaps the Thais would revisit their tax system and adjust their national budget accordingly.  Similarly if the company and property laws were reciprocated  to reflect similar rules for Thais in other countries as there are for non Thais in Thailand then perhaps there would be more inward investment from outside Thailand. I think that an approach like this, in the long run, would be beneficial to the economy of Thailand.

This import duty for cars is a total flipping rip off. Is it really to encourage purchase of locally thrown together cars? 

When I moved here here I sold two pristine top end BMW's at a heartbreaking loss then paid over three times the UK going price for a bottom of the range ( but imported)  BM .

since then and despite it now being some 14 yrs old I have had stupidly high offers to buy it purely because it is an import and not a local PoS ( and has been carefully(?) driven by farang)  which I have declined for obvious reasons. 

Oh oh how I would dearly love to have my old 330CI MSport Conv out here with me. Value in UK circa £6k, value for import tax calculations circa £40 k even though it is an 04 plate.

go figure

:sad::saai: