Chinese tour group take a trip into the sea - still in their bus

webfact

RE A tour bus taking dozens of Chinese tourists to a seafood dinner ended up in the Pattaya sea yesterday evening.

A New twist - only the passengers (including the driver) who manage to Catch the Seafood will get a seat in the restaurant - the rest must remain in the buss with just a bowl with rice....;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The sand DID slow the vehicle down.

I often have been at this spot down Soi 18. It's really steep and narrow on the last stretch.

If there was no sand just concrete to the water the bus would have ended fully submerged.

(or not as the water is quite shallow :smile:)

Next time I will have a close look to the motorbike mirror.

Beware of low flying buses. :shock1:

This bus traffic there is a nightmare anyway.

Stinking noisy buses bumper to bumper in the afternoon.

Oncoming buses, parked cars, retract the mirrors to pass.

Coincidentally a friend was telling me exactly the same only a couple of days back. He has stopped using a condo in that area due to the coach traffic delivering Chines back and forth on roads completely unsuitable for these large vehicles. And here we are well into low season!  Amazing people were not run over.

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

".. stringent Thai standards.."  That would be an oxymoron? :whistling:

If it comes to Thai safety standards, I agree with emphasis on the moron part.  Amazing the number of brake failures.  I guess the system of "don't spend anything on maintenance till it breaks down" is to blame as usual.  Although, over in Phuket the  Patong Hill is finally getting the bus companies' attention.  Apparently hardly any local busses have brake failure lately, only non local-owned busses. It is a real stinker of a hill and frightens me every time i have to go over it.  Drivers stay in too high a gear until they stall and the brakes won't hold while they try to restart.  And if the brakes do hold, then the clutches might not cope with the hill start and it is a long way down backwards.  VERY frightening to see.   A very good place to not be behind a bus going up or in front of one coming down.  I live in Chonburi but some distance away and I am not familiar with Pattaya enough to visualize exactly where this happened

2 hours ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

Air brakes are not supposed to fail, unless they are not maintained or adjusted properly.

Air brakes You stick your foot through a hole in the floor to stop, its the t way must have forgot to put his driving shoes on.

Archived