Thai Monk Wants to Visit Hawaii

Hello,

Please excuse me if this post sounds like a bit out of the ordinary topic about visa s to the U.S but here goes.........A head Abbot whose quite famous where I am (Nakhon Phanom) would like to visit Hawaii for a couple of weeks. I tried to ask the U.S Embassy for any information on this matter as Im absolutely clueless when it comes to Monks wanting to visit the U.S as far as what type of visa to apply for, who can sponsor him, etc. Would someone here give me any idea on what type of visa he can apply for and if I (U.S citizen already sponsoring my wife who has a visa already with two kids who are dual Thai and U.S citizens) can maybe sponsor him.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Edited by joninisaan

46 minutes ago, rijb said:
2 hours ago, joninisaan said:

A head Abbot whose quite famous where I am (Nakhon Phanom) would like to visit Hawaii for a couple of weeks.
[...]
Im absolutely clueless when it comes to Monks wanting to visit the U.S as far as what type of visa to apply for, who can sponsor him, etc. Would someone here give me any idea on what type of visa he can apply for

Why doesn't he contact the Thai temple in Hawaii?

https://www.mapquest.com/us/hawaii/business-pearl-city/thai-buddhist-temple-of-hawaii-274854114

Yes. As @rijb posted, this is generally the way it works. 

As Head Abbott, he would contact the Head Abbot of a Thai temple in Hawaii, one that has had direct previous experience hosting Thai Monks who should have the requirements down to a tight process.

You could probably email them as well to see what requirement need to be fulfilled both in Thailand and the US.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2560 at 6:01 PM, RichCor said:

Yes. As @rijb posted, this is generally the way it works. 

As Head Abbott, he would contact the Head Abbot of a Thai temple in Hawaii, one that has had direct previous experience hosting Thai Monks who should have the requirements down to a tight process.

You could probably email them as well to see what requirement need to be fulfilled both in Thailand and the US.

Thank you for your response. Ill have him contact the temple in Hawaii.