What TM's......

I will soon be moving to Thailand to live with my Thai girlfriend in her house, which is in her name. I plan to enter on a Non Imm O-A visa. Which TM forms will I/she need to complete, and when please ?, and also any other documentation required relating to residing in Thailand.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon which immigration office you will be reporting to.

You will use a TM47 form to do your 90 day reports.

So best to visit my local immigration office as soon as I arrive then, and confirm what I should do.....

27 minutes ago, Bravotwozero said:

So best to visit my local immigration office as soon as I arrive then, and confirm what I should do.....

I might be able to tell you what is needed if you tell me which office or where you will be staying.

37 minutes ago, Bravotwozero said:

Ok, thanks. It's Chiang Khan.

If you mean the Chiang Khan office in Loei province then I suggest you contact them. The have been reported as asking for some odd things and for not being very helpful.

You will almost definatley need a Tm28 you fill this in and hand it in Perminent move of address). Tm30 your g/f fills in as house master you can do this together on your visit to immigration. You will be best to take coppies of passport face page and visa page and entry stamp and TM6 departure card. Your G/f needs photo copies showing her entry into blue book  (tabien  baan) and first page of blue book on one A4 sheet first page at top her entry at bottom and copiey back and front of her ID card. Then be prepared for the odd spanner they may or may not throw in. Remember the rule is to register you as an alien within 24hrs  of getting to your g/f's house not arriving in country. Ie you may decide to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights in which case they will register you. Then move onto your g/f's house then you have 24hrs. Hope everything goes as planned.

Edited by jeab1980

28 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

You will almost definatley need a Tm28 you fill this in and hand it in Perminent move of address

Not really understanding what he would need a TM28 for, as he is not yet living in Thailand and so has yet to report any address here, surely the TM28 would only be required after he (or his wife etc.) has reported an address on a TM30 and then at some point they / he want to move to another address for over 24 hours or permanently, or am I missing something?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Not really understanding what he would need a TM28 for, as he is not yet living in Thailand and so has yet to report any address here, surely the TM28 would only be required after he (or his wife etc.) has reported an address on a TM30 and then at some point they / he want to move to another address for over 24 hours or permanently, or am I missing something?

When i first came to thailand i lived with my then g/f had to submit both thats why i put it down and in actual fact it is a perminent change of address 

6 hours ago, Bravotwozero said:

Yes.. exactly.. you shouldn't have any problems.. ask about sending in 90 reports by mail .. makes life easy.. I've been on an OA multi entry for years .. no problems.. as you you are new to this I'll give you a heads up.. when you get near the end of your first year if you do a border run you will get a further year.. you loose the entries but can buy one if you need to leave and come back in the second year... good luck...

On 2017-6-8 at 3:25 PM, jeab1980 said:

When i first came to thailand i lived with my then g/f had to submit both thats why i put it down and in actual fact it is a perminent change of address 

You may have done this,but it is not required.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

You may have done this,but it is not required.

Its required when you permanently move address. I was also told by immigration when we first went to give a TM 30 i had to submit a TM 28 so it was required. Again the vagrancies of diffrent immigration offices and that was many many years ago.

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Its required when you permanently move address. I was also told by immigration when we first went to give a TM 30 i had to submit a TM 28 so it was required. Again the vagrancies of diffrent immigration offices and that was many many years ago.

The OP is moving to Thailand to live in his girlfriends house.

We can therefore conclude that he will  report this as his place of residence on the TM6 arrival card.

On arrival at the residence his girlfriend should file a TM30 to notify Immigration of an aliens arrival at her home.

The OP isn't changing address already informed on the TM6 so absolutely no need to file a TM28.