10 emotional stages of the Pattaya blues

10 emotional stages of the Pattaya blues

1. Intense zen

You’re still in holiday mode. Nothing can possibly spoil your mood.

The world is a beautiful place.

2. Mild irritation

The taxi ride and airport is doing its best to strip you of those holiday vibes, just to hot under all the glass, but you’re resisting.

3. Disappointment

Your home doesn’t overlook the sea, have any gogo's,  beer-bars or have its own Jacuzzi.

It’s basically crap.

4. Exhaustion

You’ve got a suitcase full of washing to do, dinner is not real Thai food and won’t cook itself.

And yet all you want to do is collapse on the sofa and watch all the TV you missed while you were away.

5. Complete existential crisis

What’s the point of life anyway?

You save all year for one great holiday then it’s all over in a few weeks and you’re back in your boring life, only now you’re skint too?

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF IT ALL?!?

6. Rage

Everything is terrible and why do you live here anyway?

You don’t know where to direct your vague rage, so it gets unloaded on the next person to walk in the room.

It’s probably their fault anyway, they will not understand unless they have been to Pattaya.

7. Listlessness

You’re sure you used to be able to focus on work, but that’s all gone now.

A whole day passes and you can’t think of anything you did except browse Facebook.

8. Longing

Time to put your photos on the computer, Facebook, forums.

You touch the screen fondly, wishing you were back in Pattaya.

You can almost still remember what the sun and girls feels like on your skin.

9. Smugness

Your mood gets a much-needed bump when you put your holiday snaps of Pattaya's nightlife online and everyone loves them.

Yes, it was a great holiday, thanks for asking.

10. Forgetfulness

“My holiday? Oh, yeah, that was a week ago. Yeah, it was good. Anyway, about that report that needs doing…”

Forgetting what it feels like to be on holiday is the only way we can make it to our next holiday.

It takes me a month ... but the first 2 weeks are actually great back in my home country. I do miss Pattaya and the girls there, but being tanned and still with my mind set on holiday I do get far more attention and 
smiles from girls that would otherwise ignore me.

18 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

It takes me a month ... but the first 2 weeks are actually great back in my home country. I do miss Pattaya and the girls there, but being tanned and still with my mind set on holiday I do get far more attention and 
smiles from girls that would otherwise ignore me.

when i was only a visitor here, i got the same thing. Went home, tanned and fit. Got lots of attention from the girls, until they found out i'd been to Pattaya, then they gave me filthy looks accused me of being a prostitutes customer, a shagger of lady boys and a buggerer of young boy's and that they "wouldn't touch me with a barge pole .

Even the mates i had known for years were warned by their wives to have nothing to do with "that filthy bastard, and if you think your ever going there, think again"

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

when i was only a visitor here, i got the same thing. Went home, tanned and fit. Got lots of attention from the girls, until they found out i'd been to Pattaya, then they gave me filthy looks accused me of being a prostitutes customer, a shagger of lady boys and a buggerer of young boy's and that they "wouldn't touch me with a barge pole .

Even the mates i had known for years were warned by their wives to have nothing to do with "that filthy bastard, and if you think your ever going there, think again"

Wow...that is bad.....never told anyone where I went for holiday. 
For me it is only the tan wearing off and looking tired again.

12 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

Wow...that is bad.....never told anyone where I went for holiday. 
For me it is only the tan wearing off and looking tired again.

I always came from a close knit community. I have friends going back to my childhood. We all went to the same schools, always met up for s booze in our local together.All got married at about the same times. But as years go by, people change, especially women.I was the one that always wanted to see what was on the other side of the hill, and i was lucky enough to make my dreams come true.I suppose that some of my mates got a bit jealous and started gobbing off to their wives.You only have to mention

'Thailand' and automatically you become a pariah among your friends ( wives especially) Even my best mate, who i had known for 30 years had to avoid me. She was convinced i was going to die of AIDS. She had poisonous little chats with the other girls, and that was that.

8 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I always came from a close knit community. I have friends going back to my childhood. We all went to the same schools, always met up for s booze in our local together.All got married at about the same times. But as years go by, people change, especially women.I was the one that always wanted to see what was on the other side of the hill, and i was lucky enough to make my dreams come true.I suppose that some of my mates got a bit jealous and started gobbing off to their wives.You only have to mention

'Thailand' and automatically you become a pariah among your friends ( wives especially) Even my best mate, who i had known for 30 years had to avoid me. She was convinced i was going to die of AIDS. She had poisonous little chats with the other girls, and that was that.

I would say I never see my friends because of Thailand, but I didn't see them anymore since before that.

What I am sure of is that everytime someone asks why I am still single and I mention them I have a Thai girlfriend, they are all classified as prostitutes and how much I pay them.

36 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

I would say I never see my friends because of Thailand, but I didn't see them anymore since before that.

What I am sure of is that everytime someone asks why I am still single and I mention them I have a Thai girlfriend, they are all classified as prostitutes and how much I pay them.

The ignarance of some people, because they have never traveled any further than Spain, never ceases to amaze me.

Forget about it.

9 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Oh Boy! That reminds me of the time when my ex-Thai wife used to live with me in my home-country.
Naturally, she was immediately classified as a "hooker" by my "friends".

But I also remember the occasions, when wife and I met some of my "friends" with their caucasion wifes.

- My wife, at the age of 42: Slim and trim, with a dazzeling smile, good sized breasts. Quite a sight to see.

As opposed to the wifes of my "friends" at about the same age: Overweight, double chinned monsters, leaving the impression, as if they just recently survived a train wreck!

On such occasions, the facial expression of my "friends" was a "give-away", indicating that they would gladly exchange their caucasion train-wrecks against my "Thai-Hooker".

Must confess, I kinda liked those meetings. It allowed me to wallow in Primal-Instincts, like: "I am better monkey than you all, because I have better monkey-woman than you!"
As the world turns. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, swissie said:

Oh Boy! That reminds me of the time when my ex-Thai wife used to live with me in my home-country.
Naturally, she was immediately classified as a "hooker" by my "friends".

But I also remember the occasions, when wife and I met some of my "friends" with their caucasion wifes.

- My wife, at the age of 42: Slim and trim, with a dazzeling smile, good sized breasts. Quite a sight to see.

As opposed to the wifes of my "friends" at about the same age: Overweight, double chinned monsters, leaving the impression, as if they just recently survived a train wreck!

On such occasions, the facial expression of my "friends" was a "give-away", indicating that they would gladly exchange their caucasion train-wrecks against my "Thai-Hooker".

Must confess, I kinda liked those meetings. It allowed me to wallow in Primal-Instincts, like: "I am better monkey than you all, because I have better monkey-woman than you!"
As the world turns. Cheers.

Love it. And that is the very reason i would never take my wife to the UK. She is polite, has a great smile, with shiny white teeth, slim, and very good looking. If i took her to my local boozer, she would meet 20 pound over weight,peroxide bottle blondes, with <deleted> to match. She understands English well enough and i would never submit her to the snidey little  comments of my mates wives. Not for her sake, but for theirs. My wife has a nasty temper when she is angry, and i dont think that the wives of my mates would be used to a whirlwind that has teeth and claws.Other than that, she's a poppet!

Thanks for all your comments, just me being daft and kind of funny I hope.

I lived in Pattaya for 3 years, one year again later, and back again in a few months time.

Was given the idea from a friend at work that had just got back from Spain, so got to thinking a Pattaya might be a fun one to do, not that writing is my thing at all.

Making phone games {UNITY a fav right now}  web sites, Apps and so on  is :)