Elevator / Lift Company?

moonseeker

Anybody has experience building/installing small, simple (2-3 Pers.) lift 4 stories incl. gr. fl.? Easy outside access/building.....Any ideas about possible cost, contractors etc.?

Any feedback with pers. experience helps. Thank you.  MS>

I only know about larger lifts for much higher buildings. Average 3Mb for one of those, though it varies wildly according to brand and country of provenance.

I would only have such a thing installed by the manufacturer or his 100% official agent.

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

What is your budget--do you have a max?

When I hear that question I immediately assume that if I answer I will be given a price near the top of my budget, regardless of what the item is really worth or what other cheaper options are available.

Factors to consider are mostly in the building construction. An internal lift must have an enclosed shaft with openings (landings) to each floor. An area on top of the shaft to house the machine (motor), car steel rope, counterweight ropes and control electronics and also a pit area.  This is for a new building.

If an old building then an internal lift is probably not possible, so a lift attached to the outside is probably the way to go, but once again there must be the frame (steel) and of course this must be safe and strong, as the car guiderails must be attached to the frame or building. The car could be glass if required. Lift company's have stringent safety measures so either way you are looking at substantial constructions costs. The lift itself plus installation for 4 floors could cost somewhere between 600k-1m depending on brand and whether it is normal with machine/roping or possibly hydraulic. There are many companies in Thailand (German, Japanese, China, Taiwan etc) and their products and prices vary considerably. Hope that helps you.

Edited by couchpotato
more info

12 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Anybody has experience building/installing small, simple (2-3 Pers.) lift 4 stories incl. gr. fl.? Easy outside access/building.....Any ideas about possible cost, contractors etc.?

Any feedback with pers. experience helps. Thank you.  MS>

You can try and contact the foreign owners of Access Inn on Third Road opposite Buffalo Bar. They have a small 'panoramic' elevator at the front of their 4-storey, boutique hotel. It's quite a recent construction and they may have the info you are looking for.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You can try and contact the foreign owners of Access Inn on Third Road opposite Buffalo Bar. They have a small 'panoramic' elevator at the front of their 4-storey, boutique hotel. It's quite a recent construction and they may have the info you are looking for.

Super. Thank you. MS>