Wife cannot join

Alessandri

The security question asks for the fifth letter of the alphabet. It will not take an upper or lower case E for the answer.

I went back in-new question was 10-7=?

Will not take 3.

What am I missing?

Tried contact us from the sign up page.

Ask for security question answer there. There is no security question. Only the header for section saying "security question".

Very frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggest using Private Browser mode, "New Private Window" / "New Incognito Window", so cookie and history issues don't affect the form data or form submission, and try again.

Background testing:::

It appears there is a form submission issue on resubmissions.

On a failed submission, any fields with issues will be marked in red background or added notification text. The 'security check' question is wrong it will add:

Your answer to the challenge question was not valid. Please try again.

In certain cases, even if all the required fields are correctly filled and you've answer the security question correct and it appears 'checked', the form submission may still fail. It appears to be an issue with the ThaiVisa server failing to validate the correctly answered security section (maybe because the question and required answer has changed between submissions).

As a snarky aside...  "Wife cannot join" might be considered a desired ThaiVisa Forum hidden feature.  :sorry:

Haha. Like the last post.
I am on an i6 with the latest update for North America.

I tried different cookie settings.
I went in through safari.
I also cleared history and data, went back in, and experienced the same thing. Unsure what extensions refers to in this regard. My ignorance is probably at fault somewhere in the procedure.

I appreciate the advice. I will do some more reading and see if I can implement the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look into that error message.

Can you download another browser, such as Google CHROME and see what it does?  While this doesn't directly solve your Apple Safari issue, it might get you further along in the registration process.

So it's a forum software issue.

If possible, please use a different email address.

Otherwise, please contact support (at) thaivisa (dot) com  and let them know you're running into issues using an APPLE iOS device and trying to create an additional account for a family member (using a different email address), and having issues with the security challenge on form correction and resubmission. 

On the backend, here's the explanation for the most current error message:

OK, here's the associated message from ANOTHER forum also using IPB (Invision Power Board) to run their forum  ...so this ISN'T a ThaiVisa response but a response from an unrelated forum using the SAME server software:

If you are getting Error code 2S129/1 - "You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.", it is related to the IPB spam service.

As of 10/06/15, I've adjusted this so that registrations that hit a high level threat can go through now, but have to be manually approved by any Admin staff. Once it goes through, please expect a turnaround time within 24 hours for Admin staff to approve it.

If you have hit this error, please do not try to register with the same email multiple times as increased failures to create an account with the same email will further escalate your status as a spammer.

If you are trying to register a new account on the site and are still facing issues even with the changes, please email <deleted>. The issue will be investigated within 24-48 hours.

So, it's a server software related issue. If you can't get a registered using a different email address (from the one you already successfully registered using) then your best bet is to contact ThaiVisa support. 

Archived