Thailand Post warns of mailing restricted and prohibited items

rooster59

Thailand Post warns of mailing restricted and prohibited items

IMG_1884.jpg

Thailand Post today warned people of sending prohibited and restricted items through the mail saying it is illegal and sender could face a maximum jailterm of up to two years and a maximum fine of 80,000 baht, or both.

The warning came after the police have discovered that arms trader has used postal service to send the prohibited and restricted items to customers.

TP president Mrs Samorn Terdtampiboon said TP has tightened safety measures including screening prohibited and restricted items with X-ray scanners in cooperation with airport officials.

In case of detection of any violation, the parcels posted could be traced to the senders from the postal offices which have CCTV monitoring, she said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-post-warns-mailing-restricted-prohibited-items/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-10

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In case of detection of any violation, the parcels posted could be traced to the senders from the postal offices which have CCTV monitoring, she said.

Correction :  In case of detection of any violation, the parcels posted could be traced to the senders from the postal offices which have CCTV monitoring that actually works, she said.

• Like 1

She said all postal offices have warning signs detailing which items that are restricted and prohibited.

In addition, senders are also required to show their identification cards to ensure that dangerous goods are not slipped through the mails which conform with the ministerial regulation to prevent and stop narcotics smuggling.

Prohibited and restricted items included live animal, addicted substances, obscene materials, explosives and firearm cartridges, inflammable goods, and copyrighted goods.

In addition, she said air mailing of organic peroxide, aerosol paints, battery are also prohibited and violaters could face two years in jail or a fine of 80,000 baht or both.

Thai Post Samui (most but not all offices) will not accept any liquids or Gells for Airmail Post. I tried to send some sachets of hair shampoo once and was refused. Another time I tried to post some Tomato Sauce Sachets and refused also.

1 hour ago, fish monger said:

So is there a list of prohibited items anywhere...?

I believe that recreational drugs such as Kelloggs Special K might be on the list along with Marmite and images of footballers scoring goals,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DPGumbypgh said:

Does anyone know if tobacco products are included in the banned substances? I receive some products by mail from sweden and may want to resend them on to someone.

You should be fine, as long as they only send 5 boxes of snus (if that's it) per bag you'll probably not even have to pay customs.
I buy from siamsnus in chiang mai and they send all by post, no problems there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

Prohibited and restricted items included live animal, addicted substances, obscene materials, explosives and firearm cartridges, inflammable goods, and copyrighted goods.

Most of the items are easily understood, however, almost every item shipped is copyrighted so how is anyone to know?

I do hope she meant copies of copyrighted goods! 

Edited by mlmcleod
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fish monger said:

So is there a list of prohibited items anywhere...?

Tried to post a tablet back to UK for repair, bounced back due to battery installed. They did did give me a refund though, X Ray at the airport, this was a couple of months back.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Thai Post Samui (most but not all offices) will not accept any liquids or Gells for Airmail Post. I tried to send some sachets of hair shampoo once and was refused. Another time I tried to post some Tomato Sauce Sachets and refused also.

Why do you tell me what is inside ? Don't feel stupid ?

Usual BS, there is not post service anywhere in the world that can scan/xray more than 5% of the parcels.

If the chance that goods were not delivered was very high, people would not keep sending.

You could send 1kg heroin to USA and you have 99% of chance that it will be delivered safely.

6 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

If copyrighted goods are prohibited and this is enforced Thailand's internet economy will collapse overnight.

The military has clamped down on counterfeit goods sold on the street and in the markets, and it has all just gone online. 

Just protecting the multi-billionaires that rule over us and obeying instructions from the Great Satan across the Pacific. 

The  Great  Satan  has  a  permanent  address???  Gimmee  gimmee !  lol

• 1 year later...