Jump to content

Looking for cheap visa run


Recommended Posts

Hi 

I am here on Non O visa and every three months I have to do a visa run, my first visa run was to Cambodian borders but I was told I can not do anymore visa runs because I am required to obtain advance visa.   So, I did fly to Kuala Lumpur and Vientiane but they cost over the usual visa runs farangs do.   I wonder if there is a way to do a visa run from Pattaya that costs under 10k baht.   Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you only had a single entry non O , then each time you leave you need to get another and that has to be from a consulate or embassy.

 

If on the other hand you have a multiple entry Non O then there should be no problem doing an in out visa run. There are several companies in Pattaya offering this service and a typical all in cost will be around 2000 baht.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume you have a multiple entry non-o visa and need to do a crossing for a new 90 entry.

You can do it at the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar  in Kanchanaburi province. Cost for the crossing is 950 baht that includes transport across no man's land and 500 baht for a border pass (no full page visa sticker).

I suspect you went to the Poi Pet crossing and was told you cannot do one. They are the only crossing to Cambodia that is telling people that. You could go to the Ban Laem crossing and do it without a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you have a multiple entry non-o visa and need to do a crossing for a new 90 entry.

You can do it at the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar  in Kanchanaburi province. Cost for the crossing is 950 baht that includes transport across no man's land and 500 baht for a border pass (no full page visa sticker).

I suspect you went to the Poi Pet crossing and was told you cannot do one. They are the only crossing to Cambodia that is telling people that. You could go to the Ban Laem crossing and do it without a problem.

My friend helped me do one visa run to Cambodia, when I arrived I was told since my nationality is listed among the advance visa required countries my friend managed to get me stamped from another border crossing.   So, I can not go to Cambodia anymore.

Do you think driving from Pattaya to Ban Phu Nam in Myanmar and getting visa on arrival is possible?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nasanews said:

My friend helped me do one visa run to Cambodia, when I arrived I was told since my nationality is listed among the advance visa required countries my friend managed to get me stamped from another border crossing.   So, I can not go to Cambodia anymore.

Do you think driving from Pattaya to Ban Phu Nam in Myanmar and getting visa on arrival is possible?

What is your nationality? Most countries' nationals can get a visa on arrival in Cambodia.

 

The key to an inexpensive out/in by air is planning well in advance. You should be able to fly out from Utapao to Kuala Lumpur and back into Don Muang for well under 3,000 baht if you book a couple of months beforehand.

 

As @ubonjoe advised you, the cost to cross the border at Ban Phu Nam Ron, and return, receiving a fresh entry on your Non O visa, is 950 baht. You do not technically receive a visa on arrival (which would allow onward travel in Myanmar) but the border pass you are given is equivalent for your purposes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, nasanews said:

Do you think driving from Pattaya to Ban Phu Nam in Myanmar and getting visa on arrival is possible?

You would get a border pass there not a visa on arrival. I have searched and have found nothing to indicate Myanmar has any restrictions on which countries can get a border pass. 

I suggest you go to this page to check if your country is on the list of those that can get a Myanmar e-visa application as a reference point. Select tourist visa and the drop down menu for nationality here. https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/NewApplication.aspx# If not on the list then I would assume you cannot get a border pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would get a border pass there not a visa on arrival. I have searched and have found nothing to indicate Myanmar has any restrictions on which countries can get a border pass. 

Yes my country is listed and here is the big picture of Visa policy of Myanmar.

Visa_policy_of_Myanmar.png.5b304c2478f896563f2157735c08b029.png

 

But do I understand a border pass as going in that country and leaving it to come back to Thailand?   Second is Ban Phu Nam Ron border crossing  you mentioned same as the one listed on the site you provided as Myawaddy land border checkpoint? Thanks ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nasanews said:

But do I understand a border pass as going in that country and leaving it to come back to Thailand?   Second is Ban Phu Nam Ron border crossing  you mentioned same as the one listed on the site you provided as Myawaddy land border checkpoint? Thanks ahead.

I think if you can get a e-visa then you should be able to cross with only a border pass.

A border pass just lets you enter to the general area of the entry point. At Ban Phu Nam Ron they just stamp you in and out of Myanmar for the 500 baht fee.

The Myawaddy crossing is at Mae Sot in Tak province. Info for Ban Phu Nam Ron is here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phu_Nam_Ron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At Ban Phu Nam Ron they just stamp you in and out of Myanmar for the 500 baht fee.

The Myawaddy crossing is at Mae Sot in Tak province.

So, to clearly understand you ...I can get a e-visa by selecting Myawaddy as port of entry then use it at Ban Phu Nam Ron correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nasanews said:

So, to clearly understand you ...I can get a e-visa by selecting Myawaddy as port of entry then use it at Ban Phu Nam Ron correct? 

No you cannot use a e-visa at Ban Phu Nam Ron.

What I was trying to say was that you could get the border pass at Ban Phu Nam Ron if you qualify for the e-visa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What I was trying to say was that you could get the border pass at Ban Phu Nam Ron if you qualify for the e-visa

I qualify for e-visa so my next visa run is Ban Phu Nam Ron, thanks a lot you have been a great help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 11:22 AM, ubonjoe said:

What I was trying to say was that you could get the border pass at Ban Phu Nam Ron if you qualify for the e-visa

I had a talk with a local friend about going for a border run with him and he mentioned if Ban Phu Nam Ron is open on weekends, is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, nasanews said:

I had a talk with a local friend about going for a border run with him and he mentioned if Ban Phu Nam Ron is open on weekends, is it?

Border crossings do not close on weekends or holidays. They are open everyday of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...