1 st class or fivestar visarun?

thaitero

I think i will do old-fashioned visarun for my next 30(+30 extension) day stamp which will be enough for time being..

Long time ago i have used 1 st class (soi 6) and fivestar visarun (soi13) because they had comfy individiual seats.

How is nowdays? Which one you prefer or someone new?

It's been a while ago since I used 5*, but they're indeed safe and efficient.  I think they even have wifi in the van.   

Yes they used to have (maybe still have), BUT when I used it you had to ask their driver to activate it. 

Please Note: I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a (previous) happy customer. This just in case someone wonders otherwise. :wai:

I did some runs with 5 Star Visa runs. Can't complain about it. Imo, the best seat is the second row, just the first at the door. This seat is a standalone seat and have some more space to the right.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Good look with the driver , some of them want to kill you on the roads.

Yes, Thank you for reminding.:smile:
i remember once long time ago there was an american with one visatrip. After visatrip was finished he wanted to collect some tipmoney for driver from everybody. I told him, are you crazy, I am just glad i am alive, no tips from me.. 
This was indeed a bad idea. I just made another arrangements..

42 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

I guess you have must have a multi-entry visa to be able to use these visarun services or be stuck with 15-visa exempt stamps.

If i had used, it would have been 30 days + 30 days extension. There is also annual 2 times landborderhop limit at the moment.

However i decided this time to book 2 night SETV-trip to vientiane using lao airlines + agoda..

Less than 2 years until i hit magic 50. Then this visagame is over for me..:smile:

Edited by thaitero

25 minutes ago, thaitero said:

If i had used, it would have been 30 days + 30 days extension. There is also annual 2 times landborderhop limit at the moment.

However i decided this time to book 2 night SETV-trip to vientiane using lao airlines + agoda..

Less than 2 years until i hit magic 50. Then this visagame is over for me..:smile:

But how are you able to get 30 days instead of the 15-day doing these border runs?

1 minute ago, Bastos60 said:

But how are you able to get 30 days instead of the 15-day doing these border runs?

Rules have changed. It used to be 15 days for my nationality when using landborder. Now it is 30 days

22 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Rules have changed. It used to be 15 days for my nationality when using landborder. Now it is 30 days

It is just to keep myself updated for future prolonged travel. 
And please do correct me if I am mistaken. 

But without proper visa, it still is a 15-day visa exempt stamp on border crossings right?

Or did they abandon this completely from when the junta imposed those new rules?

2 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

It is just to keep myself updated for future prolonged travel. 
And please do correct me if I am mistaken. 

But without proper visa, it still is a 15-day visa exempt stamp on border crossings right?

Or did they abandon this completely from when the junta imposed those new rules?

It depends on your nationality what kind of exemptstamp ( coming without visa) you get. For example South koreans get 90 days. Most westerners get 30 days. At some point there was different rule if you belonged to so called G7 countries etc..For spesific visa question to your case i suggest visasection of this forum.

19 minutes ago, thaitero said:

It depends on your nationality what kind of exemptstamp ( coming without visa) you get. For example South koreans get 90 days. Most westerners get 30 days. At some point there was different rule if you belonged to so called G7 countries etc..For spesific visa question to your case i suggest visasection of this forum.

I just searched for the imformation myself, but visa-runs (bordercrossings) without proper visa will only give you 15-days. All the rest is arriving through the airport.

When you need to know current rules, google is not your best friend. Most likely you get hits to webpages with outdated info. There is visasection here on TV with people who knows how things are NOW. Ask there.

On 6/15/2017 at 0:34 PM, thaitero said:

When you need to know current rules, google is not your best friend. Most likely you get hits to webpages with outdated info. There is visasection here on TV with people who knows how things are NOW. Ask there.

visa exempt max 15 days on landcrossings. Airport arrivals depending on country but on average 30 days.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, thaitero said:

Thank you for your replies.:smile:
Next week i need to do a visarun. I am thinking between this and a trip to hanoi. If i use this method, i will update how it was..

If you have the money go to Vietnam. I used 1st Class, but it's basically a waste of life just sitting in a van there and back. No problems with the visa run itself.