Wow that's impressive! Thai school students lauded for handing in wallet containing 16,000 baht

webfact

Wow that's impressive! Thai school students lauded for handing in wallet containing 16,000 baht

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

SONGKHLA: -- The director of a school in Songkhla praised five of his pupils for their honesty after they returned a wallet to a man visiting the temple connected to their school.

The five boys were playing when they found the wallet in a "sala" and handed it in to a teacher who managed to locate the owner.

Yesterday at the Thai flag in the grounds of Wat Dee Luang school in Sathing Phra district the boys were each given a reward by the grateful owner who is a former education officer in the area.

Director Phitsanu Komon told the assembled students that the boys had set a fine example to follow.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-13

He is not alone ! Just yesterday an American friend, arriving in Pattaya in a taxi from the airport, left a bag in the taxi containing $9,000 bucks U.S. and his passport. 15 minutes later the taxi driver returns to the scene of the drop-off and returns the whole lot. Really does improve one,s impression of the asian male ! Wonderful !

"He is not alone ! Just yesterday an American friend, arriving in Pattaya in a taxi from the airport, left a bag in the taxi containing $9,000 bucks U.S. and his passport. 15 minutes later the taxi driver returns to the scene of the drop-off and returns the whole lot. Really does improve one,s impression of the asian male ! Wonderful !"

Earlier today, I was reading about a Bangkok taxi driver who took a lady to 7/ll to get change of a 100 Baht note, then switched on the meter again to take her back.  The speculation was that an honest taxi driver would surface in the next few days.  Now, here I am reading about just that.  Unbelievable that an honest taxi driver would surface before the bad one!  It's thrown the order of reporting into confusion.  However, nice to read about a positive outcome, even if it did happen before the usual, regular crap.

Edited by Moti24

I find most people seem to be honest. Just a week ago I forgot my card in an ATM at Citibank ASOK. The security guard that had just asked me to remove my sunglasses & hat saw I forgot the card as I took off inside. He retrieved the card and turned it into the bank who held it for me. Usually ATM's will take the card and you must order a new card. (When from outside Thailand this is time consuming). I am terribly absent minded, continually forgetting my umbrella, or shopping bags and 99%of the time people will hold them for me or run after me. When I hear stories of Thai people being rude or worse to foreigners I tend to believe that they hang out in bad areas where tourist predators do their preying (Nana, Cowboy etc)