Car rent Koh Samet

Golden Triangle

Do any TVF members living on Koh Samet have a car I could rent for a couple of days ? Me and the Mrs are here until Saturday a.m. and would like to explore the island without having to rent a taxi and driver etc etc, we both have full Thai licences and I have driven in a lot of countries world wide.

Any old banger will do, as long as it starts and goes, and before anyone asks, NO, I am not renting death on two wheels thank you.

please feel free to PM me if you can help.

Thanks in advance GT. 

Hi, we haven't been back recently, but have only seen the 4WD taxi pickups on KS,  no private vehicles at all, roads were a mess, a car would not cope. The taxis were, as you'd expect, very expensive for the short distances involved on an island only about 7km long

Edited by gomangosteen

Hi-another option....

You can rent golf buggy's close to Silver Sand resort.

Your hotel can arrange for you.

The roads are newly surfaced since 2012/13.

Concrete and i/lock brick..but steep inclines and blind bends..so careful.Especially at the weekends.

Samet is very walkable-east to west beaches-20mins.North to the mid south beaches on the east side-an hour..with nice pit stops...much less stress.

Taxi's (ride in the back of a pickup and hang on for dear life)...well...expect 200-150bht.

39 minutes ago, 7000gods said:

Hi-another option....

You can rent golf buggy's close to Silver Sand resort.

Your hotel can arrange for you.

The roads are newly surfaced since 2012/13.

Concrete and i/lock brick..but steep inclines and blind bends..so careful.Especially at the weekends.

Samet is very walkable-east to west beaches-20mins.North to the mid south beaches on the east side-an hour..with nice pit stops...much less stress.

Taxi's (ride in the back of a pickup and hang on for dear life)...well...expect 200-150bht.

We saw some for rent as we were leaving the ferry port, I didn't catch the price but will ask at reception how far to Silver Sands resort, we are in C Samet beach resort, thenks for your help :smile:

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

We saw some for rent as we were leaving the ferry port, I didn't catch the price but will ask at reception how far to Silver Sands resort, we are in C Samet beach resort, thenks for your help :smile:

Not much to see on Samet once you get away from the beach. From your resort you can walk south over the hill to Candlelight Beach (can't remember the Thai name just now) or in the other direction you can follow the path around the rocks to the next 2 or 3 bays. If you want to see a sunset, you can walk to the rear of the Vongduern beach resorts to the road. If you look around you will see a signpost indicating a footpath down to a rocky area on the opposite side of the island (I guess that the island is only a few hundred metres wide at this point) where you can sit and watch the sunset.

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I saw Golf buggies for rent as we left the port area ??

Remnents of when they were available to rent. Signs not taken down.

Locals are allowed to ride them but not rent.

There are always people who need a car to buy cigarettes from the kiosk, 50m away from their home. Maybe somebody has an old Rolls-Royce for Koh Samet.

It's very easy to walk from the North to the South within the afternoon. The same from the East to the West.