do they still do flight payments at the 7-11

zoza

ok I have done a few searches and cannot find an answer so may be the  amount of experience that

the forum members have some one might have the answer.

I have a friend coming to Pattaya in a few months he has asked me if I can book flights for him as I have in the past

but as I will not be going this time I was not sure whether I can book him tickets.

or has the rule about the card holder who booked the flights has to be present when checking in still current.

and if so can I get around this as I remember booking via a 7-11 a few years ago, but not sure if I need his ID

or even is this still doable or what are the requirements for paying for flights at the counter.

thanks in advance. 

I assume you refer to a Thai domestic flight?

Which airline is it?

For AirAsia and ThaiSmile I know for sure.

Would have to check again for others.

No ID needed for cash payment.

To avoid any CC hassle you should prefer this.

For AirAsia all you need is the "payment reference number".

You can do a print of if available show email on smartphone.

7.    If I did not take a note of the payment reference number, how can I retrieve the information so I can proceed with the cash payment?
An email notification with your payment reference number will be sent to your registered
email address.

http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do?id=696&name=Counter

I use travoka. They allow 7 eleven payment on most of major airlines or budget airlines on internetnational or domestic flights.

Sometimes tickets are cheaper than the price on the airlines website if is there a on going promo.

I paid yesterday one for an Air asia flight, just small fee around 60 THB.
Just print the invoice and they scan the bar code,
Be quick to pay after booking though, since it was a booking 1-3 days before the actual flight, I had to pay within 3 hours.

Thanks people not to bad with Air Asia just photo the barcode and payment number

on your phone first girl had to be shown how it works but 5 mins done . 50 odd baht

C. C 300 + baht