Permanent Residency Categories, Further Information

For Thai premanent residency, there are 5 categories that one can fall into to apply:

1. Investment
2. Work
3. Humanitarian grounds
4. Expert knowledge
5. Case-by-case basis

See: Thailand Permanent Residency: An Overview - Siam Legal

For Investment and Employment, there are 2 articles describing them (Investment and Employment), however, there are no articles about 3. Humanitarian grounds, 4. Expert knowledge and 5. Case-by-case basis.

Would anyone know if there is further information regarding the 3 last categories, and where the information can be found?

Edited by KevT

Humanity Reasons category: he/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possessed residence permit as the followings:

1) A legal husband or wife.

2) A legal father or mother.

3) A child who is under 20 years of age up to the application submission date and must be single.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattd said:

Humanity Reasons category: he/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possessed residence permit as the followings:

1) A legal husband or wife.

2) A legal father or mother.

3) A child who is under 20 years of age up to the application submission date and must be single.

Thanks. Do you have a webpage for this? Maybe there are the other category as well.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

[...]

Hi, ubonjoe. From the information on PR and Thai citizenship that I've read so far, there are occasional (and good) sources that say that some/much of the information regarding PR and citizenship are outdated, as the laws have changed over the years—and even that official documents from Thai governmental websites (especially the English versions) are partly outdated as well.

What is your opinion regarding this?

15 minutes ago, KevT said:

Hi, ubonjoe. From the information on PR and Thai citizenship that I've read so far, there are occasional (and good) sources that say that some/much of the information regarding PR and citizenship are outdated, as the laws have changed over the years—and even that official documents from Thai governmental websites (especially the English versions) are partly outdated as well.

What is your opinion regarding this?

For PR the info on the immigration website is the most up to date I am aware of. They have redone the main immigration website and appears some of the info is gone. The requirements for PR is not written in any law. Everything is determined by the interior ministry. The best way to get up to date info is to contact the PR section at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

I trust the government websites more than what is found on some commercial websites. 

If do your posts on the PR topic mentioned earlier their are people that have done application recently that follow that topic.

For citizenship the nationality act has been amended several times and people often refer to outdated versions. This is latest version. Nationality Act B.E. 2508 (1965) with amendments until B.E. 2555 (2012). And these guidlines. Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For PR the info on the immigration website is the most up to date I am aware of. They have redone the main immigration website and appears some of the info is gone. The requirements for PR is not written in any law. Everything is determined by the interior ministry. The best way to get up to date info is to contact the PR section at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

I trust the government websites more than what is found on some commercial websites. 

If do your posts on the PR topic mentioned earlier their are people that have done application recently that follow that topic.

For citizenship the nationality act has been amended several times and people often refer to outdated versions. This is latest version. Nationality Act B.E. 2508 (1965) with amendments until B.E. 2555 (2012). And these guidlines. Guidelines and documents required for application for Thai citizenship by naturalization  

Thank you.

Edited by KevT