Savannakhet vs Vientiane

On 6/17/2017 at 11:38 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

Andy, Then why not travel from Seka to Mukdahan & Cross into Savanakhet ( You will NOT get a Multi Entry in Vientianne ) Anyway.....Leave Seka VERY Early & Get to Savanakhet before 11.30 ( It Can be Done ) Then you'll get you're Multi Entry the very NEXT Day ( 2nd Day ) then Home to Seka.....

I Don't Think it can be done Online,But you can ask Ubonjoe,He WILL KNOW........

Cheers

Nong khai Man ...

14 minutes ago, andrewgordon said:

If i obtain a 1yr single entry visa do i still need to get passport stamped every 90 days.

The visa only allows a 90 day entry. After those 90 days you must leave the country and re-enter to get a new entry.

You can apply for a 60 day extension of each entry to visit your wife at an immigration office.

Getting back to Vientiane! I want to get a 60 day Tourist Visa in August. I plan on going on a Wednesday morning, but I don't like lines. What is the latest time I should show up in the morning to submit my visa application? I understand I will pickup the next day at 1:00PM. Thanks

8 minutes ago, tomwct said:

Getting back to Vientiane! I want to get a 60 day Tourist Visa in August. I plan on going on a Wednesday morning, but I don't like lines. What is the latest time I should show up in the morning to submit my visa application? I understand I will pickup the next day at 1:00PM. Thanks

Wednesday should not be a that bad a day for getting the visa. The visa run vans are there on Monday and Thursday.

They stop giving out numbers at 11:30. Pickup is 1:30 to 3:30 pm.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The visa only allows a 90 day entry. After those 90 days you must leave the country and re-enter to get a new entry.

You can apply for a 60 day extension of each entry to visit your wife at an immigration office.

Have you heard about anybody extending each entry for 60 days ? It means that you stay 5 months with first entry, then go out and stay 5 months with second entry ? 10 months with 2 entries and then go out again ? Thank you.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wednesday should not be a that bad a day for getting the visa. The visa run vans are there on Monday and Thursday.

They stop giving out numbers at 11:30. Pickup is 1:30 to 3:30 pm.

Thanks Joe! I'll plan on going to the consulate at 10:00AM and get a number. I'll have all my paperwork down ahead of time.

The visa will be ready the next day at 1:30PM-3:30PM correct?

3 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Have you heard about anybody extending each entry for 60 days ? It means that you stay 5 months with first entry, then go out and stay 5 months with second entry ? 10 months with 2 entries and then go out again ? Thank you.

I do that just about every time time it correctly you get 17mths.

I tend to do 5 months on first entry then 2 months only on 2nd entry( use this one as a holiday out of country) then 5 months on 3rd entry doing another run just before (a day before usualy) the visa expires. Reason exept for one hr on border hop and travel time there and back (nong khai) about 4.5hrs there and back usualy a bit quicker as i leave home at 4am null traffic to speak on on that leg.so 5.5 hrs but i get 10 months just suits me.

You can of course time it which ever way you like

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1