Info needed on hassle free and cheap visa run option from Bangkok

Do you have the money banked - 8000,000Thb - AND are you old enough for a """"" retirement visa"""""( actually permission to stay based on retirement )....No visa runs necessary, renew yearly.

Again this misfortune goes back to what I have posted before:  if you can  -==>> qualify <<==- obtain your  permission to stay based on retirement, a lot LESS paper work than based on marriage. Totally legal!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, edwardflory said:

Do you have the money banked - 8000,000Thb - AND are you old enough for a """"" retirement visa"""""( actually permission to stay based on retirement )....No visa runs necessary, renew yearly.

Again this misfortune goes back to what I have posted before:  if you can  -==>> qualify <<==- obtain your  permission to stay based on retirement, a lot LESS paper work than based on marriage. Totally legal!!!

I think you got an extra zero in there: ฿800,000...

• Like 2

I am assuming you don't have the funds to renew the marriage visa you have for a one year extension.

If you did you could renew it every year by showing either 400K Baht in a Thai Bank account in your name OR 40K Baht monthly income.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
corrected a typo

"I am assuming you don't have the funds to renew the marriage visa you have for a one year extension.

If you did you could renew it every year by showing either 400K Baht in a Thai Bank account in your name OR 40K Baht monthly income."

Can we assume you didn't read the OP?  You know, the part where he said he's now divorced.

• Like 2

On 14 June 2017 at 6:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps a single entry tourist visa unless you have children from your marriage.

Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos and Penang Malaysia would be good choices for the visa.

Thanks as ever Ubon Joe.

Have you any info on any new rules?  Do i have to show any cash? Is health insurance needed? At this point i am most likely headed to Penang.

Just now, Sambo5000 said:

Thanks as ever Ubon Joe.

Have you any info on any new rules?  Do i have to show any cash? Is health insurance needed? At this point i am most likely headed to Penang.

Penang is wanting to see a ticket out now and in some cases hotel reservations.

The health insurance requirement does not exist anywhere at this time.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang is wanting to see a ticket out now and in some cases hotel reservations.

The health insurance requirement does not exist anywhere at this time.

Thanks, does Vientiane / Savannakhet require a onward ticket?

Vientiane does not ask for tickets or anything else other than the application form.

Savannakhet want tickets and financial proof.