Marriage visa (non-o + 1 year extension)

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

ubonjoe has said that your Kor Ror 2 is acceptable for 6 months

Where did I write that? I might of written some offices may accept one up to 6 months old.

My normal advice is within 30 days before the application is done.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where did I write that? I might of written some offices may accept one up to 6 months old.

My normal advice is within 30 days before the application is done.

Sorry ubon it was poorsucker's list that said 6 months. It was the red "Global Moderators" that confused me

• 1 month later...

Please advice needed,(British Expat 55yrs old)

I have just returned home from a job in Japan and acquired a non-imm O single entry visa issued at Vientiane,validity 18 June - 17 Sept,having been told at customs by Immigration Officials on my arrival at Suvarnabumi Airport.

I have now got to leave on 27 June to S.Korea for a 2-3 week job.I told them this at Vientiane after I got my visa and they said to explain to Immigration at Suvarnabumi Airport and they would “Stop” the visa then “Start” it again on my return.

Q.Is this do-able? If not,what to do? I don’t want any problems on my return back to the Kingdom.

I work freelance in the Petrochemical/Oil/Gas Industry .Married to a Thai lady 20yrs and lived in Issaan Thailand since 2007 and always used a Tourist 30 day Visa on arrival and extended for 60 days if needed and another 60 days if needed at Sahkon Nakhon Immigration on their advice(not enough funds in my BKK Bank account for residence/retirement  visa,nature of my work,in and out of Thailand).

Everything else I have.

Next time it seems a good idea to visit Savanakhet,Laos from what I’ve read on Thai Visa.com

much appreciated 

10 hours ago, Ddbanksy said:

Please advice needed,(British Expat 55yrs old)

I have just returned home from a job in Japan and acquired a non-imm O single entry visa issued at Vientiane,validity 18 June - 17 Sept,having been told at customs by Immigration Officials on my arrival at Suvarnabumi Airport.

I have now got to leave on 27 June to S.Korea for a 2-3 week job.I told them this at Vientiane after I got my visa and they said to explain to Immigration at Suvarnabumi Airport and they would “Stop” the visa then “Start” it again on my return.

Q.Is this do-able? If not,what to do? I don’t want any problems on my return back to the Kingdom.

I work freelance in the Petrochemical/Oil/Gas Industry .Married to a Thai lady 20yrs and lived in Issaan Thailand since 2007 and always used a Tourist 30 day Visa on arrival and extended for 60 days if needed and another 60 days if needed at Sahkon Nakhon Immigration on their advice(not enough funds in my BKK Bank account for residence/retirement  visa,nature of my work,in and out of Thailand).

Everything else I have.

Next time it seems a good idea to visit Savanakhet,Laos from what I’ve read on Thai Visa.com

much appreciated 

Your visa was used on entry into Thailand and you now have a 90 day permitted to stay stamp.  To retain that current permitted to stay (not extend) you must obtain a re-entry permit prior to departure either at immigration office or at airport after check-in (but prior to immigration desks).  Cost will be 1,000 baht (plus fees for copies/photos if done at airport).  When you return you put the re-entry number in the visa portion of arrival card and make sure immigration officer stamps the same permitted to stay date that you currently have.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your reply and sound advice.Happened what you said(1,200THB)and the Imm at Suvarnabumi told me to apply for a 1 year visa(extension?)at Sahkon Nakhon on my return.
Any advice on a visit to Savanakhet without the necessary funds in the Bank,or maybe a (farrang)Pattaya agency?
Thanks again anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, Ddbanksy said:

Any advice on a visit to Savanakhet without the necessary funds in the Bank,or maybe a (farrang)Pattaya agency?
Thanks again anyway

No financial proof is required if applying for non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at the consulate in Savannakhet.

Ubonjoe,sorry to be a pain,but I am looking at the long term and expect to end my days here in Thailand,having a Wife of 20 years,step children,grandchildren,Thai in laws,property,land,etc..etc
Please advise the best Visa for me? Residence,Retirement,non-o multi entry or whatever?
I have listened to too many people and Immigration Office’s in the past that my head was spinning!
Very much appreciated for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, Ddbanksy said:

Please advise the best Visa for me? Residence,Retirement,non-o multi entry or whatever?

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht by way of a income letter from your embassy.

If 50 or over you can apply for a one year extension based upon retirement. You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

You will need a non-o visa entry to apply for either one.

A multiple entry non-o visa requires leaving the country every 90 days to get a new entry.