Mushrooms

BHW

I don't know anything about mushrooms and haven't researched it but somebody I knew of about five years ago in Pra-sat nr. Surin (I think he was Swedish) had a good go at it, for about two and a half years, I believe but packed it up 'cause he couldn't make enough money to show even a small profit.

Apparently the stuff he had to buy to produce the breeding ground/mould (I think it was from casavar skin/bark with perhaps other additives - terrible smell) was expensive and he had to travel a long distance to get it.  

It may depend where you are of course - 'customer base'; he was selling for Baht 70 per kilo (straw mushrooms) which sold in the local market for Baht 100 at that time - regular supply is the thing but he found that difficult to achieve.

Hi Piersbeckett, we live near Prang Ku between Surin & Si Sa ket there are 2 suppliers of growing bags near here both say money can be made. What I'm trying to do is set up my wife's farm to make money when I'm no longer here. We have a small cattle breeding set up eventually sell 5 well bred cows a year, 120 lime trees first crow ready soon & 600 rubber trees still 3 - 4 years before tapping.

We are trialing 160 mushroom bags & present they are producing near what the experts said but too small a sample to be sure we are getting another 600 at the weekend this should give us a better sample will wait 3 or more months to see results then.

Marketing a worry one of the bag suppliers will but product paying between 35 & 50 THB a KG depending on supply & demand best way to sell direct to market ourselves be good to get 70.

Pic of our mushroom attached.5949b494f421b_Mushroom001.thumb.jpg.58944bde9f867a6eef7131b2cd057855.jpg

Thanks for your reply

Regards

Bruce

PS : I'm Aussie.

• 10 months later...
15 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Wast of time. Were down in Kap Choeng and all the locals go out into the forest and get them free.

But why so many people think that it's easy money ?!

Archived