Lamborghini and ‘super bike’ among items auctioned by anti-drug body

rooster59

Lamborghini and ‘super bike’ among items auctioned by anti-drug body

By THE SUNDAY NATION

e95217b2d41524ef0d4e114b892a92db.jpeg

An official from the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) has his hand on a Lamborghini luxury car put under the hammer during yesterday’s auction by the anti-drugs agency at its office.

LUXURY CARS, “super bikes” |and gold ornaments were among 129 items valued at Bt58 million put up for auction by the Office of the Narcotics Control Board yesterday.

The auction featured items seized from drug trafficking gangs. Among those put under the hammer were a Lamborghini car seized from Akarakit “Benz Racing” Worarojcharoendet, and a KTM “super bike” seized from Nattapol Narkam, both of whom police linked to a network led by alleged Laotian drug kingpin Xaysana Keopimpa.

Akarakit, whose wife is actress Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul, has been charged with laundering ill-gotten gains of Nattapon, an alleged member of Xaysana’s gang.

The auction price for Benz Racing’s Lamborghini started at Bt11 million, while the KTM motorcycle was priced at Bt900,000. But no one had made a bid for either, as of press time.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318374

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-18

a snippet from another source;

"ONCB secretary general Sirinya Sithichai said the starting price of the Lamborghini car could not be brought down much because the car still has outstanding finance on it.

Besides the suspect still has legal interest in the car, In case that the court rules the car has no link to drug case, then it has to be returned to its owner he said. "

Why are these vehicle even on the auctioning block at this point in time ?.

These are hot potatoes items, and still a contested at the courts,

the reason they were not sold is because that if the case go in favor

of the owners that they either have to be given back of paid in kind

of the values of those items,...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

These are hot potatoes items, and still a contested at the courts,

the reason they were not sold is because that if the case go in favor

of the owners that they either have to be given back of paid in kind

of the values of those items,...

Isnt that then the responsibility of the State that illegally auctioned cars ?

In that instance, wouldn't the State be charged with illegally selling cars?

3 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

"ONCB secretary general Sirinya Sithichai said the starting price of the Lamborghini car could not be brought down much because the car still has outstanding finance on it.

Besides the suspect still has legal interest in the car, In case that the court rules the car has no link to drug case, then it has to be returned to its owner he said. "

Because "jumping the gun" is a national sport

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

The case has not concluded. How can they sell these now?

Because the whole thing is a pantomime. The script has been finalised for the next 3 or 4 Acts, much further on than what is in the press now. Why is this partcular clique hauled in and paraded before the press while numerous others carry on not just in front of the government's nose but actually inside the government's nose?

Perhaps because the finance companies asked for them to be sold as payments have ceased. Do you understand the concept of a depreciating asset? Or perhaps they don't want to be left holding the hot potato when other cops come to check the import paperwork.

Just now, halloween said:

Perhaps because the finance companies asked for them to be sold as payments have ceased. Do you understand the concept of a depreciating asset? Or perhaps they don't want to be left holding the hot potato when other cops come to check the import paperwork.

So if the finance company still own the vehicle the part mentioned "returned to owner" is infact the finance company and not the suspect who has legal interest in  the car?

What would happen if you bought them then later it turned out Benz did have legal title to the car ?

Just now, catman20 said:

What would happen if you bought them then later it turned out Benz did have legal title to the car ?

hence the reason it attracted no bidders, until it is 100% guaranteed to have a clean title anyone looking to take ownership must have buffalo excrement between their ears.

3 minutes ago, wow64 said:

He had a loan for the car. 

Shouldnt it go to the finance company?

Servicing the loan from the alleged drug activities, sounds like a legal nightmare for the finance company (who are the legal owners).

Edited by Techno Viking

56 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

So if the finance company still own the vehicle the part mentioned "returned to owner" is infact the finance company and not the suspect who has legal interest in  the car?

Correct. They can prove they laid out B11 million for it, so have a claim to ownership. He put up B13 million without providence and suspected of being proceeds of crime which gives him SFA ownership.

The finance company don't want the car, they want their money back.

Edited by halloween

1 minute ago, Chip Allen said:

Thugs who seize your property and sell it for profit. What was the difference between law enforcement and criminals again???

Law enforcement takes away the criminals assets bought with proceeds of crime and gives them back to the people of the country. If you have assets and you can't explain how you came to own them, then the odds are extremely high that you obtained them illegally, either through crime or tax evasion.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Law enforcement takes away the criminals assets bought with proceeds of crime and gives them back to the people of the country. If you have assets and you can't explain how you came to own them, then the odds are extremely high that you obtained them illegally, either through crime or tax evasion.

bwahahahahahahaha, do you seriously believe any proceeds from the sale of this  lad's Lambo will go back into the community ?

Just now, Techno Viking said:

bwahahahahahahaha, do you seriously believe any proceeds from the sale of this  lad's Lambo will go back into the community ?

First they would have to find a mug willing to pay more than B11 million. If you mean, do I think when assets are seized and sold, do the proceeds go to general revenue, yes I do, if only because it is so easy to track. Whether the sales are kosher is another matter.

7 minutes ago, halloween said:

First they would have to find a mug willing to pay more than B11 million. If you mean, do I think when assets are seized and sold, do the proceeds go to general revenue, yes I do, if only because it is so easy to track. Whether the sales are kosher is another matter.

if the vehicle was unencumbered plenty would line up to buy it for 11 million, infact I suspect many would have bidded and it would have sold for more but by the time the relevant departments take their share not much (if any) would make it into the public coffers.

As it did not sell I would not be surprised if it now parked in a generals personal collection with nothing more to be heard of the vehicle.

Edited by Techno Viking

4 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

if the vehicle was unencumbered plenty would line up to buy it for 11 million, infact I suspect many would have bidded and it would have sold for more but by the time the relevant departments take their share not much (if any) would make it into the public coffers.

As it did not sell I would not be surprised if it now parked in a generals personal collection with nothing more to be heard of the vehicle.

Up to you, but I wouldn't go near it until it has clearance from both BIB as not stolen o/s (most stolen were Lambos) and customs as correct import duty paid. I wouldn't bet B11 million on either. In the first place,  I wouldn't buy an expensive status symbol with nowhere to use its performance.

If by relevant departments you mean government/police, how does that qualify as not being public coffers?

Just now, halloween said:

Up to you, but I wouldn't go near it until it has clearance from both BIB as not stolen o/s (most stolen were Lambos) and customs as correct import duty paid. I wouldn't bet B11 million on either. In the first place,  I wouldn't buy an expensive status symbol with nowhere to use its performance.

If by relevant departments you mean government/police, how does that qualify as not being public coffers?

Seen these lambo's under the skin.

I would not own one if they were  1 million  baths, dodgy welded 1 inch box sections............ NOPE NOT MORE ME.

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

Seen these lambo's under the skin.

I would not own one if they were  1 million  baths, dodgy welded 1 inch box sections............ NOPE NOT MORE ME.

I think you are talking out of your exhaust pipe. Audi, the German company, owns Lamborghini and they are still built at the Sant' Agata Spaghetti Bolognese factory. I'd guess their quality is equal or close to Ferrari.

https://www.wired.com/2011/08/peek-inside-the-lamborghini-factory-2/

Edited by ratcatcher

19 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I think you are talking out of your exhaust pipe. Audi, the German company, owns Lamborghini and they are still built at the Sant' Agata Spaghetti Bolognese factory. I'd guess their quality is equal or close to Ferrari.

https://www.wired.com/2011/08/peek-inside-the-lamborghini-factory-2/

To be fair, the last I saw stripped to its bones was a 10 year old vehicle, good to see they have improved their building techniques.

18 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

hence the reason it attracted no bidders, until it is 100% guaranteed to have a clean title anyone looking to take ownership must have buffalo excrement between their ears.

Except the gentleman in the post photo who seems to have taken a liking to it !

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Except the gentleman in the post photo who seems to have taken a liking to it !

From an ealier post I made (#21).

"As it did not sell I would not be surprised if it now parked in a generals personal collection with nothing more to be heard of the vehicle. "